18

Please read the A/N at the end.

Emilia waited. Her anxiety increased as the sky kept on getting darker. The sky was still tinted with the red and orange hue from the flame which was engulfing Grey Terminal. She slighted clenched her chest with her hands and winched in pain, with her breath shortening.  The pain was shook off when her haki picked up multiple people approaching the house.

Emilia limped outside and noticed that they were indeed the bandits who have returned. Her eyes roamed and saw small Luffy who was held on by Magra. He was wailing loudly. Luffy cried often but this was the first time she saw him cry this hard, and it didn't seem because of his injury.

Ace!

Emilia's eyes widened and quickly search for Ace in the crowd of bandits and noted that he was missing.Not only him but also the leader of the bandits, Dadan was also not present.

"Emilia, Ace is..Ace is!" Luffy cried out as he noticed Emilia by the door who was staring at them not moving at all. Her eyes looked dead and cold sweat had formed on the person who he considered as a sister.

"Magra-san!" Emilia finally said after a brief moment of silence. "Please place Luffy on the bed. I'll go get the medicines."

Luffy heard Emilia say as she headed back into the house. No doubt she fully understood the situation at hand. Emilia was extremely sharp and always moved with what she thinks is the best move during the situation. And during this moment she believes that treating Luffy was the best option, mourning can come later.

"Emilia..." Luffy cried as he was placed on the bed, which was already prepared. "I'm sorry. We shouldn't have gone back to Grey Terminal like you said. I'm sorry-"

"Luffy, I'll be spraying this on you." Emilia cut Luffy off and shook a small spray can from the first aid kit. "It'll just make you sleep." Without even hearing out his answer , Emilia pressed the spray making Luffy knocked out a few seconds later.

"Was this necessary, Emilia?" Dogra asked worriedly. He watched the girl swiftly move with no moments of hesitation.

"Luffy might hyperventilate from the situation. He is currently not feeling much pain but as soon as he calms down, this might be quite unbearable." Emilia said in a soft voice. Dogra noted that there was a slight quiver in her voice, her hands also seemed to be shaking lightly.

"Also...about Ace and Boss.." The bandit said trying to give information to the girl as to what happened.

"They're alive." Emilia said firmly. "They're alive." She repeated again. This time as if to comfort herself, making her believe that this was indeed the fact.

This silenced the bandit and no words were spoken after that.

That night Emilia spent deep into hours night treating Luffy.

......

The next morning Emilia woke up to a noise  near the entrance of the house. She wiped one of her eyes as she noted that she was in bed. One of the bandits must have placed her there after the treatments were done.

"Now wait Luffy." She heard Magra say. " You shouldn't move in that condition."

"I'm going to look for Dadan and Ace!" The words Luffy said brought her straight back into reality.

That's right...Ace And Dadan still didn't return yet. Emilia thought as she clenched her hands. They'll survive. She knows that. But that didn't stop her from being worried. How is their situation? How injured are they? Emilia didn't remember these. Just how useless am I going to be?