12

"Just give it up,Sabo!" Ace said with a huge grin. While Luffy and Emilia just watched them.

They were currently watching Ace and Sabo spar the last match for the day.

"Luffy..." Emilia called out as she watched Sabo throw a punch at Ace where by the former barely dodged it.

"Hmm?"

Emilia put a finger below her lips as she stared at Ace. "Is it just me or is Ace acting a bit different?" Emilia questioned.

Luffy who was half heartedly talking with her and majority of his thoughts were on 'what's for dinner' , now stared at her curiously.

He stared at Emilia for a second and then stared at Ace. He watched the figure of his brother fight , until suddenly something caught his eyes.

"Ahhh!" Luffy shouted with his finger pointed at Ace which made the two boys who were fighting stop and stare at him.

"What is it,Luffy?" Sabo questioned, wipping his forehead which was covered with sweat. After all, fighting Ace was no easy task.

Luffy walked towards Ace with his hand still pointed out as he walked towards him. "You ate a cookie today didn't you?!"

Emilia along with Sabo was confused. When Emilia was talking about Ace being weird  she wasn't talking about his appearance but rather his actions.

Ace stiffened. "Crap!" He quickly rubbed the edge of his mouth.

Sabo also then started shouting. "Ace we can only have cookies during dinner, that's what Emilia said!"

"Yeah, it's unfair!"

........

"Sabo, who gave you the permission to invade our territory?!" One of the men, who was ganging up on them asked ,with a club on his hands. The other members also glared at them.

"You territory?! You guys are so full of it!" Sabo said as he leaned against the wall, alone. "Stop talking nonsense and bring it on!"

The team was currently again inside city, beyond the walls of Grey Terminal.

The other three was watching the scene from a distance waiting to a surprise attack, which Ace suggested. Luffy was on the rooftop with Ace and Emilia on the ground.

"Alright! Get ready!"  One of the gang members said as he was about to attack. Just then Ace who swung on Luffy's rubber like hands, and the jumped attacking the men along with Sabo.

Emilia didn't join them.She decided that she would fight only if they were in deep danger or sort so she just kept leaning on the city walls reading a book on navigation.

The fight continued for a while until Emilia sensed approach figure. Sheriffs.

Emilia then closed the books and ran towards the trio who were fighting. "The sheriffs  are here!" She called out, as she continued to run and then jump over the wall with ease.

Walking back home, Emilia continued to watch Ace.

She decided that she wasn't wrong and that something wasn't right with Ace.
"Ace!"

The person stopped walking and the looked back with a confused face. "Hm?"

Emilia then walked towards him and then put her right hand on Ace's forehead. "You have a fever, don't you?"

Ace jumped back from the contact and quickly shook his head. "I DONT!"

"Ace..." Emilia said in a threatening voice as she stared at Ace.

Ace tried staring back but then started getting fidgety. Knowing that he'll get caught he sighed.

Emilia then smiled knowing that Ace finally gave in. "The fever is not too high so I think you'll be fine with a bit of rest."

.........

Ace was currently forced in bed which was quite embarrassing on his part.

Damn it! Ace thought. When Emilia forced him in bed, he fought against her hard PLUS along with that Luffy and Sabo made fun of him, ALOT.

Ace then heard heard the door of the room being opened, so he decided to pretend to be asleep. The door soon opened and the creaking of the floor came closer.

He then felt a hand on his forehead.

" There is no sign of a fever anymore....That's good." Emilia said after putting her hand on Ace's forehead.

She was careless.These days all they boys had been eating was meat, ignoring all the vegetables she made.No wonder he got sick.

As Emilia was about to withdraw her hand, Ace's hand came up and grabbed it then place her hand on his cheeks.

"Eh?"

Inside Ace's mind he was in chaos. He just acted without thinking so now he was in a really panicky state. Damn it!  Should I open my eyes or let go of my hand?  Should I open my eyes or let go of my hand? Should I open my eyes or-

As Ace continued to fight mentally against himself, Emilia started at him, the suddenly she got an idea as to why Ace did this.

"Ace is still young, after all...." Emilia muttured to herself. "So ofcourse he would yearn for his mother's comfort or sort."

What the hell! Ace internally shouted as he kept a neutral face on the outside since he continued to play pretend.That's not it and on top why would you compare yourself to a mother.

Sabo who was peeking from the open door started laughing hysterically but in a silent manner. I wish I  could see Ace's expression,right now.

Luffy watched as Sabo's shoulders seemed to move continuously. "Sabo?" Luffy whispered. They were peeking that he knew so of course he should whisper,right? After all, that's what Emilia told him to do when they were doing surprise attacks.

"Hmm?" The blonde boy asked, as he kept staring into the room.

"What are you looking at?"

"At Emilia being dense."

"I see..."

Sometimes he didn't really undestand his brothers.

........

A/N : Thank you all for reading his horrible story!
So I would like to ask for your feed backs. Is it going to fast or too slow? Stuff like that. Please leave the feed backs on the comments.

Also a great thank you to @dreamofpeace17  for always voting. You make my day ❤^^