╴twelve

"woo, don't start this again" yukhei said, grabbing onto jungwoo's arms. he was quickly pushed away by jungwoo, who glared at yukhei.

finally, jungwoo let out a scoff. "you're the one always going out with people when i don't know. sounds like a cheater to me, lucas"

yukhei let mark hop off his lap so he could stand up. jungwoo had his arms crossed while yukhei wiped his eyes that were clouding with tears.

"what about you! we've never gone on a single date because you're always busy. all you want is to make out and i-" yukhei's voice became quieter as his voice started breaking, "i want something more than that"

jungwoo let out a snort, "you'd think changing someone's image would change them but it doesn't. you're still the pathetic, soft wong yukhei no one loves" jungwoo said, "i'm done with you. go find someone that'll actually put up with you"

as jungwoo walked away, yukhei stayed frozen in his seat. mark and taeyong looked at each other before walking up to yukhei.

"yukhei, are you okay?"

yukhei wiped the tears running down his eyes and let out a laugh, "i'm perfectly fine, i just need some time alone...take care of mark for me" he asked.

taeyong nodded and watched as yukhei walked of in the direction of the exit.

"yongie, aren't we going to comfort yukkie? that guy said really mean stuff to yukkie, we should make him happy again" mark said sadly.

taeyong laughed and ruffled the boy's hair, "yukhei is very predictable, when he's sad, there's this place he always goes to. i'll take you there"

mark tilted his head and pointed his tiny index figer at himself, "me?"

"trust me, it's you he wants to see, but let's give him a few minutes first"

mark puffed put his cheeks and turned to his brand new phone. "fine"

taeyong's car pulled up at a park with a giant fountain and benches surrounding it, to the right of it was a playground.

"he likes to mope on the swings" taeyong told mark.

the smaller nodded and hopped out of the car. he looked back once more with a frown, "are you sure you don't want to go? you've known him longer than i have..."

taeyong shook his head. "yukhei isn't at his best, but i know he'd talk to you. i'm sure you'll know why in the future" he said with a smile.

mark closed the door and watched as taeyong drove off, he jogged up to the playground and there was yukhei, lightly swinging himself with his head down.

he walked up to the boy and took a seat on the swing next to the moping male. "yukkie" mark said softly, "it's mark"

yukhei looked next to him and saw the hybrid with his small smile, behind him was a beautiful sunset full of pink and reddish clouds. his heart was pounding as he looked back to face mark.

"did taeyong bring you here?" yukhei asked.

mark nodded, "he also told me about you and jungwoo"

"then you know about my former crush" yukhei said.

mark tilted his head and looked at yukhei, "i thought you liked him?"

yukhei shook his head and smiled softly, "i stopped liking him for a while now, i guess what i'm trying to say is, someone else makes my heart flutter and it's not jungwoo"

Mark suddenly felt weird, he could feel his heart beating faster. ❝How does your heart flutter?❞

"it beats really fast for someone and only one" yukhei said happily and then stood up, "it's getting late, markie, we should go"

mark suddenly jolted up and nodded, "sorry i was just thinking"

yukhei grabbed mark's hand and smiled, "it's fine, i just said we should get home"

"o-okay" mark stuttered and let yukhei hold onto him as they walked away from the swings. the hybrid's cheeks were heated up as he slowly thought about one thing.

'do i like yukhei?'