╴fourteen

mark watched as the class started talking amongst themselves as soon as the teacher finished attendance, yukhei appearing in almost every discussion.

if only people knew him better, they would see that he's sweet, friendly, outgoing, and cute-

the boy shook his head violently, cupped his cheeks that were burning up again. lately the mention of yukhei has been really taking a hit on mark. for some reason, his heart raced at the thought of him.

"markie? were you paying attention?" a quiet voice said.

the boy looked at yukhei with a smile, "i got distracted" he giggled, "what happened?"

"the teacher just told us how we had to make a short cover of a song, it's due next week" yukhei ruffled mark's hair and pinched both of his cheeks. "you should pay more attention markie"

they laughed together for a while when jungwoo walked up to their desks and smirked. "guess what? i got my self a cute hybrid and trust me, he obeys really well for a small price of course"

yukhei clenched his fists. mark calmly grabbed his hands with his own and held them. "i know you're mad. i am too, but now isn't the time"

the boy nodded and watched as jungwoo signalled someone and they came running to yukhei and mark's table.

"this is haechan or donghyuck, but that's a little boring, don't you think cutie" jungwoo said.

the boy nodded his head and looked at the two boys. he locked eyes with mark and immediately went pale, "i'm going to go now jungie" he said softly and ran off.

jungwoo smirked and looked at mark. "see a ghost? yukhei, you're boyfriend looks pale" he laughed and went back to his seat with haechan, immediately pulled the tanned male into a full on make out session.

yukhei looked at mark with worry, "markie, are you okay?"

"that boy" mark said shakily, "that's my hyuckie" his eyes clouded and he buried himself in yukhei's arms. "h-he left me and now he's back" he whispered.

"mark, tell me what's going on, i-i don't understand" yukhei said quietly.

"he left me at the pet shop alone for 5 years. he never came back, hyuckie was my best friend"

mark quietly cried on yukhei's red hoodie, his ears droopy and his tail as well. yukhei had never seen the boy so sad before.

yukhei lifted the boy onto his lap and made mark look at him. he wiped the tears with his small smile plastered for him to see. "don't cry markie, i want to see your cute smile"

he tickled the boy's ears softly, making mark let out tiny giggles and his tiny smile showing through his puffy eyes. "you look adorable when you're smiling" yukhei said calmly, like he didn't even hear what he had just told mark.

but the boy heard it and his heart raced. "i'm sorry" mark whispered.

"don't be" yukhei said softly, his voice sounding so deep yet so calming. mark hugged yukhei and buried his face once again, "thank you" he managed to squeak out.

yukhei held the boy in his arms for one last time before putting him down. "don't forget we still have class" he told Mark.

the boy's ears perked up and his lips formed a pout. "dumb class" he whined, "i wanted to cuddle"

"we can at home...i mean, if you want" yukhei said nervously.

mark nodded happily as they started up a conversation about what songs they'd make a cover of.

across the room was donghyuck who quickly walked past the couple and put a paper in front of mark before going quickly back to his seat.

"what were you doing?" jungwoo asked, narrowing his eyes.

haechan laughed nervously and put on a smile, "just needed to stretch"