╴fifteen

mark stared blankly at the paper in his hands while he sat alone in his math class, still in shock of what the paper had written down.

"donghyuck's number!?" yukhei shouted at mark, "you guys can start your friendship over again"

mark looked down at the paper and typed in the number onto his phone. "what if he doesn't like me anymore?"

yukhei gripped the boy's shoulders and stared at him, "trust me on this, and besides, who wouldn't love you"

mark looked down when no one was looking and pulled out his phone, sending a quick message.

markie
hyuckie ?
it's mark lee

the boy tapped nervously on the desk. his heart racing when the phone vibrated.

hyuckie
you got my paper :)
im glad

markie
hyuckie
i wanted to ask you
earlier but you were
with jungwoo. what
happened all those
years back. you never
came back for me.
you promised :(

hyuckie
im so sorry
things were complicated
they still are
but now that you're here,
i hope we can become
closer. i also saw you were
with yukhei, are you two
dating ?

markie
AHSKSKSHRH
nO
we're fRiEnDs

hyuckie
really ?
but you like him right
you two
i swear it's like you
two are literally made
for each other

markie
that's what you think
but yeah i love him
oH
nO
wait
i meant like
LIKE
L I K E

hyuckie
AKKEJEJE
you're so whipped
we should talk soon
face to face

markie
like old times :D
yay

hyuckie
uwu
still a softie i see
anyways, we'll talk soon ?

markie
okie !
bye hyuckie

hyuckie
bye markie uwu

mark looked up from his phone and saw the teacher still writing down the same problem. he let out a tiny groan and started copying down the problem.

he looked to the right of him for a second and looked at the person next to him. he had dark brown hair and sharp eyes that stared into his own.

"you're dating yukhei, aren't you." he said.

mark shook his head, "we're just friends" he said, trying to hide the red on his cheeks.

the boy held out his hand and gave a tiny smile. "i'm huang renjun. if you want, we can be friends"

mark's eyes light up and he quickly shook the boy's hand. "if you didn't know i'm mark lee!" he said happily.

"you know, you can sit with my friends and i. you don't seem that bad" he told mark.

the boy nodded and smiled cutely, "okay! can i ask who they are?"

renjun went on his phone and pulled up a photo of six boys. "there's me, that's jeno, jaemin, jisung, chenle, and donghyuck"

"donghyuck's there?"

renjun nodded, "in fact he told me to talk to you. he said you guys knew each other a while back"

mark nodded as his smile widened, "we definitely do"

yukhei watched as all the students in mark's classroom left till it was just him. when mark looked up and saw yukhei, he ran over to him and jumped in yukhei's arms.

"yukkie!" his voice got quieter as he leaned in to the tall male's ear, "we're still cuddling right?"

yukhei gave a small nod, fumbling with his hoodies, "how do you cuddle someone though" he asked quietly.

mark let out a small gasp and giggled, "you have me! don't worry yukkie i'll teach you" he got closer to yukhei's ear and smirked a little, "i can even cuddle you"

mark pulled away and smiled at yukhei's red face, "let's go?" he asked.

yukhei took his hand and they walked out. a few lockers away was renjun with a suspicious look. "i thought they weren't dating" he mumbled and grabbed his phone to call someone.

"hyyuck, can we meet up?"

"yep you know where, the place kun works"

renjun grabbed his bag tightly and walked in the direction to where the small café of his friend's was.

when he stepped inside where he noticed the fluffy brown hair of his friend. "hey renjun! what did you need to talk about?"

"the boy who asked me to befriend. i thought he said he wasn't dating yukhei but they seem like-"

"they aren't actually dating" donghyuck interrupted, "i know, but mark likes yukhei and if it wasn't obvious, i think yukhei likes him back too"

renjun laughed and lightly punched donghyuck. "well now that that's cleared up, how's you and your boyfriend doing"

donghyuck rolled his eyes, "you know why i'm doing it. trust me, once it's for a couple of months i can get the money and break up with him"

the other looked at Donghyuck with sad eyes. "i hate lying about us, i can't believe you couldn't ask one of us to help you. you have me, hyuckie, and you chose him..." renjun said quietly.

donghyuck looked around for people. after spotting no one, he cupped renjun's cheeks and gave a small peck on his lips.

"i told you it was complicated"

"you can trust me though. i don't get why you have to be so secretive. i thought we were through with this"

before fonghyuck could say another word, renjun got up. "please remember i'm here hyuckie, i miss us" he mumbled loud enough for the other to hear and walked off.

donghyuck smacked his head on the table. ,"i love you jun, but it's complicated"