ELEVEN

I just wanted to slam the door in her face. I didn't want to see someone related or even close to him. I was about to slam the door and pretend I wasn't there. I regret even opening it. But just as I thought it she acted. "Now you wouldn't slam the door in my face because your angry at my son." I then opened the door wider and she stepped in. She walked over to the couch and sat down turning to me she patted the spot next to her. I hesitated and sat  next to her. As soon as I sat down she wrapped me in her arms. I started crying. I broke down. I was breaking. I was breaking all along and this simple gesture made me break down into tears. Yesterday I had a melt down.

"Now tell me exactly what happened. I know my son is stupid but is he that stupid." I nodded my head and told her everything. I even told her what I did after. "Kathy your gonna have to be stronger then this you know. Your gonna have to go back to school and deal with more people. If you don't hold your head up high then be prepared to be kicked down to the ground." She turned my head towards her. "My son is very very stupid for what he said. But the world, no not the world society is the most stupid thing. They do what they're told because they follow. But people like you just don't follow. You're a rebel and there others like you. But at times we get weak and do things that we might not regret right now but we will eventually. So I want you to pull through and go to school and hold your head up. No matter what. And whatever your gonna do with my son is ok as long as you don't kill him." The last part made me smile. "Would you look at that your smile is amazing." She pulled me up and brought me to a mirror that was in my living room. "Look at that smile your the most amazing thing alive when you smile. Don't let anyone take away that smile." I turned around and hugged her I didn't cry but said something that made her cry.

"You're the mom I never had." She smiled and tears of what I hoped were tears of joy ran down her cheeks.

"And you're the daughter I never had." She pulled away from me and made eye contact. "Now since you said that you have to call me mom from now on. No more of this Sandra stuff. Only mom." We talked a bit more and she took care of my cuts. Even though right know I wanted to stab her son repeatedly I couldn't hate her.

She walked out the door but turned around. "Oh get dressed your coming to dinner in about an hour and I know that you have a car in that garage of yours so drive it to my house." I was about to object but then she gave me this look that told me 'do what I'm telling you or else' and I don't want to know what the 'or else' was so I nodded my head and began to get ready.

I finished with everything and I had about 10 minutes to get to her house and it was a 20 minute ride. I exited my house and locked the door. I went over to my garage and opened it. I looked at the navy blue mustang with black stripes on it. I never wanted to drive this thing. It was what they gave me after they forgot my birthday. But they didn't have time to give it to me so they hired someone to drive it to my house. I never liked driving either. I got into the mustang and pulled out of the garage. I closed it and drove off into the street towards Sandra's house.

I got there 15 minutes later due to my way of driving and not as much traffic. I knocked on the door and the small boy that had kicked me in the shin I think his name is Lucas.

"Hi."

"Um Hi is your grandmother around."

"Yeah sure come in." As soon as I walked in there was a sharp pain in my left leg. I looked down to see the small demon child smiling innocently. I screamed and felt like crying. I picked up my pant leg. But instantly regretted it when I heard him.

"Kathy what are those?" I quickly rolled my pant leg down and looked at him. Giving him the best smile I could possibly give to the guy who basically smashed my heart with a sledge hammer.