Chapter eight

''So what do you got?'' I asked, sitting on Jeremy's bed. 

''Je serais la meilleure de la partie.'' he said with great difficulty. I sighted.

''You just said: I will be the best in the game. But you used the determinant la which is for a girl. It's le meilleur.''

''Whatever.'' It was Monday afternoon and I was helping Jeremy in French.  We were working on his poem. To be honest, Jeremy was an horrible student. He was never on time and complained all the time. Just earlier, we were suppose to start at 4pm. I had to wait 20 minutes! 

Jeremy's parents told me to go upstairs and to wait for him, which I did. I got up the stairs and opened the door on the left. I looked around and noticed that I wasn't in the good room. The walls were painted in a pale blue and the bed cover was beige with Harry Potter pillows. There was a boy. The exact same boy has Jeremy, but something was different about him. He had his headphones on his ears and a book in his hands. He was reading 'Looking for Alaska'. Really good book. As I was about to close the door, the ginger guy lift his head up. He looked at me, his brown eyes glaring into mine. He looked down at his book again. A couple of seconds later, he closed the black book and removed his headphones. He had a pale skin. Whiter then Jeremy's. His red hair, flipped on the left side of his face. He seemed smaller and weaker then his brother. But he still looked like Jeremy. 

''Aw man, there two of you?'' I said.

''He got blue eyes. I have brown eyes.'' the boy said. He had an accent. Perhaps a Russian or German accent, more pronounced then his brother.

''No, way! You're his twin!'' I said. ''It's just like in Harry Potter!'' I smiled. 

''You like Harry Potter too?'' he asked.

''Of course. I'm in love with Ron Weasley.'' I said.

''Uh?'' he looked at me with a question mark running through his face. ''You're  gay?'' he asked.

''If it's a problem, I'll go.'' I said, putting my arms up.

''No, no... I don't mind.'' he said. ''So... was the brown hair boy your... boyfriend?''

''Thomas? Ah! No. He's my best friend.''

''But you kissed his cheek.''

''And we hold hands and cuddle, yes.'' I said.

''That's... weird.''

''I know.'' I said. I step forward. ''So, you're reading Looking for Alaska?'' I asked.

''Yeah.'' he smiled.

''I loved that book. Such a... such a... how could I describe it... an eminent story. There, eminent. Like, you never expected what was gonna happened. Well, yeah it was obvious, but it was... refreshing, I'd say.''

Jaydon looked at with with a grin. He looked curious, like if he wanted to sort things out in his mind. ''You have an accent.'' he said. ''But I'm not quite sure which one.'' 

''Probably French.'' I answered. ''I was born in Quebec.'' I said. '' I learned English when I was a toddler.''

''Interesting.''

''And you have an accent too.'' I said.

''Yes. German.''

''Why do you have a thicker accent then your brother?''

''I spent half of my childhood in Germany with my mother. Jeremy stayed in Canada.''

''Why?''

''You ask a lot of questions.''

''I know, it's in my nature. People often tell to shut up. But I don't listen to them 'cuz I'm like: Girl, let me talk, I have a thought and it shall be express.''

''My parents were on a break. So for 6 years, I was in Germany with my mom while dad and Jeremy stayed here. My parents finally got back together and now we live like an happy family. The end.'' Jaydon said, coldly.  Touchy subject. 

''I couldn't help but noticed that you love punk rock and pop punk.'' I said, sitting on the bed. ''Is it ok if I sit here?''

''Yeah, whatever. Um, yeah, I quite enjoy those genre of music.''

''Simple plan and Fall Out Boy.'' I said.

''Old Paramore and Good Charlotte.''

''You know, it's not really 'old Paramore'. They just... changed their style.''

''Yeah, old and new.''

''Since you don't seem interested in the subject, lets talk about something else. Hockey.''

''Hate it. What about football or 'soccer' like you would say.''

''Urg, too long and boring. Ringette.''

''The fuck is that? Anyway, I hate sports.''

''So, what do you like, Jaydon Eichelberger, beside reading and Harry Potter?''

''Nothing much.''

He took his book and continued reading. He slid his headphones on his ears and ignored me. I stayed there, in silence. There was something about that guy. I mean, he was cute and loved the same things as me. Could it be it? Could he be the love of my life? ... Wait, was he gay? Urg. I alway forget that part. 

I looked at the red hair kid. (Ok, you see that I call people kid a lot. It's not because I'm older then them. It's just because I don't have any other names.) He was reading his book, moving his lips as he was reading. His brown eyes, moving and his fingers tapping on the cover of his book to the rythme of the music. After a couple of seconds, he lift up his head. ''You know you can leave, right?''

''Yes, I'm aware of that option.'' I didn't move. 

''Can you just... wait in Jeremy's bedroom?'' he awkwardly said. 

''Um, yeah?'' I got up. ''Do you need that much privacy when you read?'' I asked.

''No... I just... don't like it when people stare at me.'' I could hear from the sound of his headphones, that he was listrening to 'Take my Hand' from Simple Plan. Why did he become so nervous?

''Ok, I'll leave.'' I said, walking to the door. ''Oh, by the way, I love your hair.'' Jaydon blushed and looked down at his book. I caught a small smile crossing his face. I then walked away.