Chapter one

''Mother, would you give me the salt please?'' I asked. The woman gave me the salt. I was sitting at the table with my parents, my little sister Penelope and my best friend Thomas. The boy with brown hair, who was my best friend, was like family to us. He literally lived here since he was 14. His parents never cared about him. So my parent accepted to help him out a little. Usually, my grumpy friend was sleeping with me... not in a dirty way. You people are so dirty minded! Thomas and I had been sharing a bed for as long as I could remember. Yes, he's my best friend. Even though I'm gay (OH MY GOSH PLOT TWIST!), I'm not in love with him and we made it clear. I'm more into ginger guys (Yes, like Ron Weasley!). Yes, Thomas was nice and all but he had such a grumpy personality!

''Derek, you're day dreaming.'' Thomas said with no emotion.

''Can't I day dream? Do I have to share all my thoughts with the world now? 'Cause right now, I'm thinking about you and your grumpy personality.'' I said.

''I'm not grumpy.''

''Oh, Thomas-dear. Of course you're not.'' I sarcastically said.

''You and your sarcasm.'' he mumbled.

''Ah shush, you find it funny when I'm being ironic.'' I said.

''Boys, tonight I would want you in bed before midnight. You have an important game tomorrow.'' mom said.

I look at my mother and pouted. ''Aw, tonight I was planning on having sex with Thomas.'' I said.

''Derek!'' both Thomas and mom shouted.

''Oh! I'm sorry Penelope.'' I said, looking down at my 10 year old sister. ''I'm a terrible big brother. To make up for it, I'm gonna give you a really important advice. You shall never have a sexual relationship with your best friend, unless if you both consent.''

''Derek Taylor!'' mom snapped.

''Ok, ok, I'll stop talking.''

If you're wondering what's 'the game' (no it's not THE GAME (ha, ha you lose) ) well, Thomas and I played hockey at the local arena. Our team was playing against the team from the posh district next to ours. I mean, where I live was consider as middle class. But tomorrow, we were playing against THE POSH kids. The rich kids. The ones who get everything they want in live. From a phone to a car, they have it all. Thomas hated them. Mostly because half of their team were homophobic but also because he couldn't stand them. Yes, Thomas was overprotective. If someone ever insulted me, Thomas would beat the shit out of him.

My best friend and I finished eating and got in my bedroom. I ran to my bed and jumped on it. Thomas just looked at me, desperation flashing through his brown eyes. He sat next to me and I wrapped my arms around his waist. ''You're ready for tomorrow?'' I asked.

''Heck yeah!'' he said. I could hear him smile.

''Shall we watch a movie?'' I asked.

''Dude, I got homework and so do you.'' he said.

''But it's Friday night! It's our movie night! We never missed a movie night in 10 years.''

''I know... I'm just tired.''

''Aw, now I'm sad.'' I pouted.

My best friend looked at me. He sighted and closed his eyes. ''Ok, chose the movie.'' he said.

''I love you!'' I said, tackling him on the bed. Like I said earlier, I was not in love with him and we made it clear. The 'I love you' was totally friendly.

I decided to watch Finding Nemo. I chose it because I knew it would make Thomas laugh. Even though he was grumpy all the time, I knew Dorie would make him laugh. Both on my bed, cuddled together, we watched Finding Nemo.

We cuddle, yes. Thomas and I have been friends since we were 7 year old. We knew each others for a while since we were both in the same hockey team. We never really talked until we were in the finals for the Novice tournament. I remember seeing him in the corner on his own. I walked to him and asked him if he was ok. He told me that his parents couldn't make it to the game and that he was left alone. I told him that as long as he was with me, he wasn't alone. He smiled (yes, back then Thomas could smile) and we won the tournament. Cuddling was just a normal thing that we did. His head resting on my shoulder and my arms around him. Even thought I was gay, he didn't care about cuddling and being affecting.

I came out when I was 14. I knew I was gay when I was 12 and only accept it 2 years later. I told my parents first. They were really supportive. I then told Thomas. Thomas hugged me when I told him. He hugged me really tight, telling me that he would be ready to murder someone if he/she talked shit about me. I told my team mates and they were all supportive. I assured them that I was mostly attracted to gingers so they wouldn't get worried about me having a crush on them (there's no ginger in the team).

When the movie finished, I looked over at the clock. 10 pm. Thomas's eyes were closing and so were mine. I closed the TV and we fell asleep. ''Good night Thomas-dear.'' I said, kissing his temple.

''Good night Hyper.''

My nickname was Hyper. Everybody was calling me Hyper-Taylor. Thomas was the one to come up with the nickname. He chose it the day I scored 3 times in a row at a game against the other team of our district, 6 years ago. I had a lot of energy that day and Thomas was getting annoyed. He shouted ''Calm down Hyper-Taylor!''. The nickname stayed. My best friend's nickname was Thomas-dear (well, I was the only one calling him that way). The others would call him Tom or Hurricane (due to the fact that he's really fast).

Through the night, I felt Thomas moving quite a lot. It meant that he was having a bad dream. I held him closer so he knew I was there. He had a lots of nightmares lately, but never shared them.