Chapter nine

''Hey Deky!'' my best friend greeted. ''Wanna play some hockette with Penelope and I.'' 

Hockette was a mix of hockey and ringette that Thomas and I created along with Cherie and Penelope. Basically, we were playing with hockey sticks but the puck was a ringette ring. No goalies, just 2 to 4 players. 

I was walking back home after a visit to the Eichelberegers. Thomas was outside, wearing his blue winter coat with my little sister, dressed in yellow. She hated pink and girly stuff. She had more manliness then me... and she was a 10 year old girl. ''Yeah, let me get my stuff and I'll come.'' I answered. I got inside, put on my snow pants and my ice skates. I got outside and skated on the ice that my dad made in the backyard. 

''I'm playing with De!'' Penelope said. ''You're going down Tom-tom.''

''Yeah, Tom-tom! You're going down!'' I replied, sliding to my little sister. I then realized that I haven't greeted Thomas properly. ''Oh, my gosh, Thomas-dear, I'm such a turnip!'' I said, skating to my friend. I stop right next to him and kissed his cold and red cheek. ''There, you go. Be ready to lose.''

We played for half an hour, until Penelope got tired. She got inside and Thomas and I kept on playing. I skated to him to take the ring. I tackled him in the snow. I looked at him in the eyes and smiled. My body on top of his's. I kissed his red cheek and smiled. ''You're a great friend, Thomas.'' I said.

''Thanks, you too.''

''I really mean it, Thomas-dear.''

''I know, Hyper.''

''Am I interrupting anything?'' a voice asked behind us.

''Urg, Cherie! I was about to make out with him, why did you come!'' I joked.

''Hey-hey Cherie.'' Thomas mumbled. ''Derek, get off me.'' he said.

''But, honey! We were having a moment.'' I pouted.

''Whatever.'' he said.

"Don't 'whatever' our bromance, Thomas.'' I said, getting up. ''My little fabulous heart hurts right now.'' I placed my hand on my chest. ''Look what you've done, Cherie! You just killed our amazing bromance.''

''Derek, shut up.'' Thomas grouched.

''Ok, ok, I'll let you two alone.'' I said, turning my back to him. ''If you kiss her, tell me how it feels ok?'' I continued.

''Hyper.'' Thomas said.

''Guys, I was just passing by to say hello. You can go back to whatever you were doing.''  Cherie explained.

''You hear that, Thomas? We can get back to what we were doing.'' I said, skating to him.

''Yeah, yeah.'' my best friend replied, disappointed.

'' Ok, bye.'' Cherie said.

''Great, see y'a"  I said.

''Bye.'' Thomas mumbled. 

Cherie left, letting us alone. Thomas and I got inside and drank a nice cup of hot chocolate. We could have drank coffee, but we hated coffee. That night, we slept really close to each other, under a huge pile of blankets. It was freezing outside. The snow was still falling down and to the rhythm of the Thomas's play list of classical music, we fell asleep.

On the next week, I went to the Eichelberger's house. It was Friday afternoon and the sun was peaking through the clouds. 

As I was walking in the hallway, I saw Jaydon. He was coming out of his bedroom. ''Hey.'' I smiled.

''Hi.'' the ginger guy said.

''How's it going?''

''I'm ok.''

''Have you finished reading Looking for Alaska?''

''Yes, it was great.''

''God damn it.'' a voice said behind me. ''FAGGOT! There you are!''

''Yeah, that's me.'' I said, turning around to face Jeremy.

''Come in my room, now.'' he commanded.

''Ok, ok. I'm coming.'' I looked above my shoulder. ''Bye.'' I winked to Jaydon.

''Urg, come on.'' Jeremy grouched while pulling me to his bedroom.

''And then you complain about gay germs.'' I mumbled.

''Shut up and sit down.'' he said. He was so... sexy... when he gave commands. I sat on his bed with a smile on my face. ''Why are you smiling?'' he asked, taking a pile of papers on his desk.

''You're hot when you give orders.'' I said. 

''Ew, that's gross.'' he paused and turned around. ''Next time, we'll go to my school.''

''Say what now?''

''French lessons will be at school. The classrooms are always open until 6pm. You're not coming over here anymore.'' Jeremy said, walking to me. He got dangerously close to me. His eyes looking into mine as his right hand gripped my shirt. He pulled me closer to him, shaking me a little. ''You're NOT coming over here again. Am I behind clear?''

''Um yeah but why can't I-''

''Never again.'' he cut me off. We stayed there, looking in each other's eyes. I dived into his sky blue eyes and got lost in them like if they were an ocean. I tried to focus on the action and not on the gorgeous boy and his small nose 3 cm away from my face. 

My palms were sweaty and my heart was beating fast. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. ''Back off because I'm gonna kiss you if you don't.'' I finally said. 

''Pff, you wouldn't dare.'' he said in a mocking tone.

I sighted, gripping my hand on the bed. I pinched my lips together and tried to look away. ''Jeremy, get away now or you'll have my lips on your's.'' I mumbled.

''I like to see you panic.'' he said with a smile. The ginger kid backed off and I started breathing normally again. ''I finally found a way to freak you out.'' he said. Wow. Using his homophobia and my love against myself. I would have kissed him. But since I knew he was homophobic, I didn't. That guy was wicked. I liked Jeremy Eichelberger. From his eyes to his smile. From his coldness to his stupidity. His hair, blondish ginger just how I like it. Blue eyes like the sky. A white skin. One that made him look like a ghost. Heck of a hot ghost.  ''Yo fag, stop staring at me.'' he said.