Chapter Six- Christian

I rubbed my hands nervously as I waited in the dining room for the girls to arrive. The first ones to arrive were Taylor, Kaitlyn, and Jade, according to their name tags. I smiled at them, and they started freaking out. I laughed to myself. 

        Once everyone was inside and in their assigned spots, Sylvia spoke up and introduced everything. "I'm Sylvia, and I'll be overseeing the Selection this year. This is Prince Christian, as you already know, and this is Queen America and King Maxon. Before we eat dinner today, Prince Christian will want to speak to each of you separately." 

        Each girl looked nervous after Sylvia said that. I smiled. "Yes, so ah, I'll be meeting with each of you one by one, so bear with me here, I don't want to take up too much time. First up is Cate Brooks." Cate stood up quickly and blushed. "Here!" she said a little too loud.

        We sat down on a couch and I asked her some questions. She was an absolute nervous wreck. I couldn't let her stay in the competition if she had no confidence. She was getting eliminated for sure.

        "Next, Winter Young!"

        Winter came strutting over like a model, which she was. "Hello, your Highness," she said and curstied. I smiled and greeted her. She flashed a flirty smile and sat down with perfect posture. Wow, Winter was a great talker, I realized after listening to her answers for my questions. I guess she learned a lot from being in interviews. She's definetly staying, I thought.

        "Next, Laurel Hale!"

       Laurel walked nervously, but confindently over. I smiled at her and she blushed. "Your Highness," she said, and curtsied. I greeted her as well. Laurel was just like I imagined her. Shy, brave, and confindent at the same time. She could make a great queen.

        After meeting with the 35 different girls, it was finally time to eat dinner. The chef brought plates and plates of meat, vegetables, soups, and delicious dessert. I could see the excitement in the girls' eyes. They ate happily, but I think that most of them were embarassed to eat as much as their hearts desired. 

        After we finished dinner and dessert, I stood up and said, "All of you seem like such amazing young ladies," they all smiled at that, "But I would like to ask Kelly, Cate, Sarah, Bryn, Hope, Isabelle, Elizabeth, McKenzie, Kayla, Emma, and Clara stay behind. I need to talk to you girls alone." Lots of nervous mummers spread through the crowd, but the other girls left nevertheless. 

        I cleared my throat, trying to think of the best way to break it to these girls. "So, um, you're probably wondering why I asked you to stay behind. And well, it's just that the crown might not be fit for you." Several girls looked like they were on the verge on crying. "So, I'm going to have to ask you to leave now." More girls started crying.

        I just stood there, before one girl, Kayla, walked up to me. "It's been an honor, Prince Christian. I wished that I could've stayed for a little bit longer, but understand your choices and have enjoyed being in the palace for this short while." She curtsied, and I tried not to regret eliminating her. I nodded politely and let her pass. 

        Eventually, all the girls left the dining room, and I couldn't help but to feel a little terrible.