Chapter Twenty One- Laurel

Ugh. My head hurt so much, and black spots danced before my eyes. My arms were sore, and the rough rope was too tight around my wrists. It took my every ounce of energy to open my eyes and look around the room. I was tied to a chair in small stone room, with Livia on the other side, unconcious. Livia looked a lot worse than I felt. She was covered in bruises and blood. It seemed like she fought someone last night.

Well, at least I thought it was last night. I couldn't tell because there were no windows in the room, no natural light. There was only a dim lightbulb hanging from the center of the ceiling. I sturggled to recall what had happened. Were people looking for me? The last thing I remembered was listening to Sylvia and a rebel, then hearing silence, turning around, and seeing knuckles fly toward my face.

I heard the door creak in the corner and immediately turned my head around. I couldn't see the person at first, because of the shadows. As the figure got closer, I could tell that she was a woman. Sylvia.

"Hello, Laurel, Livia," Sylvia said, nodding toward Livia. Livia, who was awake now, blinked a couple of times and groaned

"What do you want, Sylvia?" Livia said harshly.

"Now, now, there's no need to be mean. After all, Laurel here doesn't know who either of us are, does she?" Sylvia smiled slyly.

What did she mean? I knew who Livia was, right? Livia glared at her. "It's for the best. Laurel would rather not know the truth," Livia said.

"No, I want to know," I cut in. Sylvia looked at me and smiled. "See, Livia, Laurel wants to know. Why don't you be a good girl and tell her It would save the both of us so much trouble."

I looked at Livia, who groaned again and cleared her throat. "Okay, Laurel. I guess you deserve to know the truth," she turned towards me. "You probably know me as Blair Amber Hale, your sister when you were living with the Hale's. I was apart of this the whole time. I went to the palace every weekend to get my training and to know the plan by heart."

What? But it wasn't possible. Blair was never gone on the weekends, at least not long enough to go to training at the palace.

Livia sighed. "I know it's a lot to take in. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't recongnize me. But I know what you're thinking right now. Remember my advanced dance lessons that were two hours away? And how my parents would both take me, leaving you with Sloanne? I never did go to dance. Instead, I went to the palace, for training."

So, my whole life had been a lie. Great.