Chapter Eighteen- Livia

Ugh. I really hated not knowing where I was. 

        I was tied up in a chair, in a stone room in who knows where, with Southern rebels surrounding me with not so friendly looks on their faces. My eyes were still adjusting, since I was pretty sure I had been unconscious for a few days. I struggled to remember what had happened. Last I remembered, I was crawling out of Laurel's window, looking up, down, right and left, when suddenly something hit my head. I blacked out after that, so I don't know whether I fell off of the roof or not. Due to the fact that there weren't any bruises on my arms or legs, I could rule that out.

        A tough-looking rebel walked up to me. "Do you know why you're here?" He asked.

        "Don't use the attitude with me, I'm not in time out. And no, no I don't. I would very much like to know, thanks for asking," I said with sarcasm in my voice.

       The tough rebel snorted. "Don't use the sarcasm with me when you know why you're here," he said, leaning in to me. "I can see it in your eyes. You know exactly why you're tied up and exactly what we're going to do to you. So you might as well drop the act." 

        It was true. I did know why I was here. One night when I was crawling through Laurel's window, I heard footsteps on the roof behind me, but I ignored them. Ugh. Stupid! I should've known that was a rebel spying on me. Did they know I was working for the Queen?        

       "Well, you don't know everything about me, tough guy. You might think you do, and you probably know most of me, but you'll never know who I really am," I tried not to hide the fear in my voice. No one knew who I really was. No one, especially Laurel could know who I was.

        "Well, I know that you're a Northern rebel- you should really grow out your hair, you're tattoo's visible- and that you work for the Queen. And that you have an important role in protecting Laurel, from the moment she was born. So, tell me, Blair, do I know who you are?"