Chapter Seven- Laurel

As Alexandra and I walked back to our rooms, I wondered what went on in the dining room after we left. I was about to asked Alexandra, but then Hope, one of the girls that stayed behind ran to her room, in tears. "I guess the 10 who stayed behind were eliminated," Alexandra whispered to me. I silently nodded, glad that I wasn't already eliminated. 

         When I got into my room, my maids were waiting for me with a silk nightgown. I groaned and sat on the bed. "I'm so full!" I complained.

        Annie smiled at me. "Come on, let's get you dressed so you can relax." I stood up and let them dress me. I wasn't used to letting people dress me, then again, who was? Probably the twos. When they finished, I stood in the mirror and admired the handiwork. "Wow, did you guys make this?" I asked.

        Christine, Rachel, and Annie all nodded, obviously pleased with themselves. "I didn't know that you guys could sew so well!" I exclaimed, and they blushed. I was about to hug them, but I thought otherwise. Maybe when I knew them better, I thought.

        Alexandra visited my room an hour after I changed. I was busy reading one of the books I brought with me when there was a knock at the door. Rachel opened the door. "Hi, um I'm Alexandra, Laurel's friend," Alexandra said to Rachel.

        "Oh," Rachel said, "Well, come in, come in." She ushered Alexandra into my room. Alexandra smiled at me. She was still wearing her evening dress; a dark purple a-line dress that made her light brown hair and baby blue eyes pop out. I blushed, realizing that I was in my nightgown. "You're in your nightgown already?" Alexandra joked, "It's only 9:00, a little too early to go to sleep." 

        I laughed. "I was too full. My evening dress made me look too fat!" Alexandra and I both laughed. She admired my nightgown, just as I had. "I know right, it's amazing. My maids made it for me," I told her.

        She sighed. "You're so lucky. My maids are so boring. Your's seem fun and nice," Alexandra looked over at Rachel and Annie, who was preparing the tub for my bath, then glanced at Christine, who was straighting my bed. I scooted over on my couch, and she sat down.

        "I thought all maids were this full of energy," I said, looking around at my maids, who were bustling around. Alexandra shook her head sadly. Then, she leaned in closer and whispered, "I heard Winter tore her nightgown because it didn't compliment her skin tone." 

        I gasped. The nightgown that my maids made for me was flawless and beautiful. It was cream colored, and I couldn't spot a single mistake in the sewing. The embelishments were delicately placed. I couldn't have asked for anymore. Alexandra mouthed something like I know right. 

        "Anyways," Alexandra said, "I met Bliss and Fiona a few minutes ago. They seems nice enough." I nodded, glad to have another nice person living near me. 

       "Laurel, time for your bath!" Christine called from the bathroom. Alexandra stood up. "I'd better go, good luck tomorrow!"

"You too," I replied.

        I got into the bath, glad to be able to relax in the bubbles. After my maids finished washing me, I asked for some extra time just to relax. They said yes and gave me some privacy. I splashed around in the bathtub, despite how old I was. Before I knew it, it was time to go to sleep- 10:00. I put on my nightgown again and slid into the plush bed. I rested my head against the soft pillow and moved my feet beneath the warm blankets. I could get used to this. I fell asleep quickly and woke up to shouting.