Chapter Twenty- Laurel

Turns out my question was answered within next few days. The dining room was buzzing with rumors on how Winter and Prince Christian had gone out on a date. I sighed. I wanted to say something without sounding like I was bragging. Sylvia walked in the room and everyone shut up and sat down.

        "So, girls. I'm sure that you are all so anxious to find out who's going home. But before I say, I want to say what a great job all you girls did. The royal family was very impressed," she cleared her throat. "Kaitlyn, Scarlett, Stella, Celia, and Lisa in no paticular order, please go upstairs and pack your bags. The prince has eliminated you."

        The looks on Kaitlyn, Scarlett, Stella, Celia, and Lisa's faces were almost heart-breaking. Sylvia cleared her throat again and the five girls stood up and headed for the stairs, some of them crying. We had an awkward breakfast after that, no one was really talking. Alexandra nudged me. "That was a little harsh of Sylvia," she whispered. I nodded.

        Prince Christian walked into the dining room and all of us caught our breath. He smiled at all of us and stopped next to Quinn. He whispered something in her eye- Quinn's eyes widened with surprise and a twinkle of happiness- and I just knew he had asked her out. But why in front of everyone, why make it so obvious? 

        Later that night, Livia finally visited. "Laurel," she whispered strongly, "Are you in any shape to run because I'm not supposed to be here, and we have to prove that Sylvia's the traitor now. I saw her get out of bed and walk toward one of the secret passages." She shook me and I groaned, but stood up anyways.

        We tip-toed past gaurds and hallways. Livia seemed nervous about something. "Shh, there she is," she pointed out. I nodded and slowly walked to the end of a wall to get a better look. "Oh yeah, she's definetly heading toward somewhere secret," I whispered back. 

        Sylvia was wearing all black and a ski mask. Suspiscious? Oh yeah. She looked around before slipping quietly through a door. Livia and I ran after her. Behind the door, we would hear Sylvia and a rebel's quiet talking. "...Laurel, why isn't she gone? She is a threat to us," I heard the rebel say. I gulped. 

        "I'm trying, I'm trying. I'm already bringing you information, not to mention spying on the royal family," I heard Sylvia whisper. So Sylvia was the spy, just as Livia and I suspected. I looked over at Livia who seemed to be worried about something. I was about to ask her why, when I realized we were listening to silence. Sylvia and the rebel weren't talking. I peeked my head out from the wall I was hiding behind and glanced around the room. They weren't there.

        Had they escaped? Even worse, had they seen us? I slowly turned around, only to see knuckles heading toward my face.