Chapter Eleven- Laurel

The rest of the afternoon was a blur. Prince Christian took me to the palace's movie theater (which was huge), and we watched a movie, ate snowcones, popcorn, and laughed our heads off. Who knew princes could be so fun? I ended up going back about two hours before dinner started, since Sylvia called us together to talk about what the location group had come up with. I said goodbye to Prince Christian after he had walked me to my door, and I collasped on my bed.

        The location group decided to go with holding the celebration in the garden, just as I had hoped. I bet Jocelyn picked the place. She loved nature, I could tell. I couldn't wait to get started now. Several girls smiled, like me, but others, like Winter, groaned. They obviously weren't outdoors people. Sylvia let us meet up with our groups to discuss and start planning. Quinn, Milla, Theresa, Winter, Dove, and I gathered around a table in the corner of the room. "So. The garden," Theresa said to break the silence.

        "Well, I was thinking of some blue, yellow, and other bright colors as the main color theme. Oh, and maybe some laterns too," Quinn said, as if she was thinking aloud. 

        "I don't know about you guys, but I personally like to look at the place when we're trying to come up with decorations," Dove told us, and we all agreed to go outside. Sylvia gaves us permission to, and sent a guard along with us to make sure we were safe. We headed out one of the large back doors and into the garden. It was huge, perfect for a celebration. There was a little pond with a bridge, lots and lots of plants, and stone road to help guide you through. 

        "So, we're using all of this?" I asked. Milla nodded. "I think so," she replied.

        "Let's get started then," Winter said with no excitement in her voice. She started walking over to a empty spot in between many plants. "This seems like a good place to start," she told us, and we walked over there as well.

        "Like I said before. Bright colors and laterns with a royal touch," Quinn stated, and we nodded. Since Milla was an artist, she sketched out what the area would look like after we'd finished. When she was done, she held it up for all of us to see. There were round tables covering the area, and lanterns hanging from the trees. Flowers decorated every table, and every single touch was perfect. "This is amazing," Dove told her. Milla blushed.

        We went on to do all the other spaces, using the same theme. When it came time to plan outfits, everyone already knew Winter was in charge. "Alright. I say that we go with bright teal silk high-low dresses, and a golden flower in our hair. It should look perfect," Winter said. I thought about it in my mind. It did look pretty good, and it matched the theme.

        "I agree with that," Theresa said, and we all nodded our heads in agreement. "Awesome," Winter replied. A guard came to tell us that it was time to go back in. It had only been an hour, but we had accomplished so much already.

        The next day, we met up with all the other groups to share ideas. Everyone liked ours, and everyone's seemed to fit together pretty well. We would start getting supplies and decorating soon. Sylvia stood up when we were discussing. "Theresa, of the decorations and outfits group, is leaving us today because her little brother sadly died in the attack. Theresa," she turned to face her, "We have loved having you here, and we thank you for your stay."