Shock, surprise and some forgiveness

Chapter  2

 The people around me were shocked but that included me too. Tomboy Rhea in a full new avatar. The one who hadn’t wore a pair of chappals in her school days was wearing ‘stilettos’. The one who had never gone beyond sweat shirts and soiled jeans was wearing a gown, who hated relationships but was there present with a boy. Everyone was shocked to see her. All the lime-light had shifted to her. All the boys looked at her in a way that it seemed that their eyes would pop out of their head. The girls were looking at her as if they would all faint. They had an expression of shock, surprise and jealousy (for the guy and her looks both). She walked in elegantly with her hand in secure hands of the person besides her. The first one to go up to Rhea and talk to her was without a doubt- “KARAN”

He went to her very confidently. And as far as I knew Rhea she would never hurt anyone if they were not on the wrong side. But god bless you if she was in a mood to taunt and looking at her I guessed she may be enjoying all of the attention part and may be in a mood to taunt.

“Hi Rhea!!!!” Karan said.

“Oh! Hi Karan how are you?”she asked and gave a see-i-am-going-to-be-nice-to-them look to her partner.We hadn’t seen him because he was not from our school definitely.

“This is a whole new Rhea we are witnessing today. You look gorgeous.” Karan remarked.

Rhea gave the not-again look to Karan. During school days Karan would go and flirt with Rhea just to make fun of her, but now he was actually flirting with her.

“Thank you Karan, by the way”, she turned to face her partner and said, “this is Alex and Alex this is Karan my school f-friend.”she stuttered.

Alex glared at her and shook his hand with Karan and said a polite hi.

Karan responded back.

He turned his attention back to Rhea and said,” So Rhea you will finally be able to come over me with a boy-friend in your life. But tell me something you hated the dating part the most then how come you are dating now. I mean I know people change and that I can see today but still?”Alex was silently laughing and Rhea punched him in his stomach.

“Karan wait you have got everything wrong. First Alex is not my boyfriend he is my best-friend I am happy and single. Second what do you mean I can now overcome you I never liked you and I still hate the dating part.” She replied crisply.

One thing was for sure that all the gloomy faces of girls as well as boys cheered when they heard that the most beautiful girl amongst them-RHEA and the handsome boy-ALEX were single. But no one could believe their eyes that Rhea had changed so much. Meanwhile, I had been having butterflies ever since she entered the hall. Firstly I wasn’t expecting her in school reunion and after coming here I missed her drastically only to realize that she came that too after changing so much. Nevertheless she had a very handsome boy by her side and they weren’t dating. I wanted to talk to her, wanted to sort things with her but wasn’t sure if she would forgive me. After the misunderstanding between us I just hoped that she talked to me.

It seemed that everyone present wanted to talk to her. The time she took to come to me seemed like centuries. When I looked at her other time to my enormous surprise Shrishti was talking to Rhea.

“Hi Rhea.” Shrishti said ‘politely’

“Ohh! Hi Shrishti. How are you? You still look the same gorgeous.” Rhea said

Shrishti blushed and said, “But definitely you are not the same you have changed a lot. I mean from the last we saw you two years ago you are so different.”

Rhea seemed to have getting bored of hearing the same thing again and again.

“Hi. I am Shrishti. Rhea’s school friend.” Shrishti introduced herself to Alex.