The Best Birthday

As soon as I reached my place I saw four heart shaped balloons on my door. There was a note on top of it saying: "Burst each balloon to get your birthday gift."

      I pricked the first balloon and a beautiful small teddy fell from it. There was a note attached to it saying : 'You are as cute as this bear.'

      I was so overwhelmed. I burst the second one and it had a red heart shaped stone. The note on it said: 'This is my heart just for you.' 

      I went on the third one and on bursting it I found a big cadbury and the note there said: 'You are as sweet as this chocolate.'

     I pricked the last one and a beautiful red rose fell in my hand it said: 'This is not the end. Open the door.'

     To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I was bursting with happiness thinking what would happen next. I eagerly opened the door and saw a trail of my favourite chocolates leading me to my bedroom. I went inside and saw 'Browny' my big teddy-bear holding a bunch of most unique coloured flowers. There was red, yellow, white, pink, baby pink, orange, shaded too. I couldn't believe my eyes and 'Snowy' my another big stuffed dog was holding a big 'Happy Birthday' and 'I love you' card. I started crying then and there. I was so happy I could not understand what to do.

     Just then Kush came from behind.

    "Hey Rhea what happened? I'm so sorry. I thought you will like it. I'm so so so sorry. Don't cry please. Rhea its breaking my heart to see you cry. Forget all this. We can be friends." He hugged me. 

     He loved me. Kush loved ME. He's thinking that I don't like all this. How can he think that? He had his arms around me. It felt so warm. I had stopped crying but my mind was numb. I was still not over the shock that Kush loved me.

    "I'm sorry Rhea. I'm very sorry." He mumbled again.

     Then I remembered I hadn't given him an answer and he thought that I didn't like him. I pulled away from him. Hurt and regret was clearly written on his face. I wanted to make it go. I couldn't see him like this. I took his face in my hands and made him look into my eyes. 

    "Kush. Look at me. Listen. I loved this. I loved whatever you did for me." I told him.

    He sighed in relief. How can this boy think that I can't like him? 

    "I love you too Kush." I told him. 

   I saw his face break into the most heartbreaking smile. I felt my knees go weak and melt myself into a puddle. I couldn't thank my lucky stars enough. This wonderful guy in front of me is my boyfriend. I couldn't help smiling and my cheeks went red with excitement.

    "Okay." He said while rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "By the way happy birthday."

    "Thank you." I was blushing furiously. I didn't know what to say. 

    "Let's sit in the hall." He told. 

     I didn't trust my voice I was bursting with happiness so I just nodded. Then I remembered something. 

   "Kush umm we should clean all the things. I mean the balloons and the chocolates. If mum & dad come we will be in trouble." I told him. 

   He nodded and we started cleaning. I looked at my hand and saw the things that were there in the balloons. I kept the small teddy along with the other soft toys, the chocolate in the refrigerator. When I saw the stone I couldn't help but think how he got it. I went to my room and saw him picking up all the chocolates. I bit my lip thinking that this wonderful boy was mine now. I was busy checking him out when he spoke, "As much as I appreciate you standing there and checking me out but we got to clean up and then you can watch me as much as you want."