Tutoring And Birthdays

The next day I got up fresh and happy. Nothing could bring my spirits down today because I had a studying session with Kush. I know I sound like a love-struck puppy, but I can't help it. I went to the bus stop surprisingly early today. Shirley's jaw nearly dropped to the floor when she saw me standing over there smiling instead of panting like a I usually do. I boarded and sat in my seat besides my best friend.

"I'm sorry but this place is reserved for my best friend Rhea. She will be coming soon." Shirley remarked.

I stuck my tongue out, "Really?" I asked her. 

  "Yeah. She always comes late panting and is not much of a morning person." She said. 

"So it is a crime if I'm happy today?" I asked her. 

"Maybe.." She said putting a finger on her chin as if she's deep in thought. 

I slapped her hand playfully and we both started laughing. After we sobered up a bit. She asked,

"No seriously what is the reason of this change?"

I told her what happened yesterday and she wriggled her eyebrows at the end suggestively,

"So...." She trailed off. 

"So what?" I asked her. 

 She clicked her tongue shaking her head, "You are so dense Rhea. Since you and your crush are 'studying' together," she air-quoted the word, "He will become your boyfriend now." She squealed with joy. I just blushed. 

 I just rolled my eyes and said, "He's Kush we can't get together."

"So what he's Kush, even you are Rhea." She said. 

 "Yeah yeah. But its not going to happen." I said. 

 "It will, it will." She said while getting down from the bus.

"No."

 "Okay if it happens I will get a chance of saying 'I-told-you-so' right?" I asked.

"Yes." I said.

 "See even you are thinking that it’s going to happen." She pumped her fist in air. 

I just shook my head and went to my class. The day got over really soon or so I thought. Obviously mom's job started and I was alone at my place. I decided to wash my hair because I sure didn't want to have the first impression as 'the girl with sticky hair' on my crush. I had my lunch. I was getting anxious and restless so I decided to watch some T.V. But I couldn't find anything. Finally I settled for 'The Tom and the Jerry show". I must have fallen asleep at some point of time because the next thing I know is that I was sprawled on the bed, the television on and some was ringing the doorbell furiously. I sleepily went to the door to see who it was silently cursing him. 

 I went to the door and opened it and I saw a very annoying Kush in front of him. My eyes widened as I remembered that I had to study with him. I shut the door in his face because I didn't look presentable at all. I cringed at my stupidity and stood as a statue.

His voice boomed from the other side of the door, "Rhea please open the door." His voice was almost pleading. 

 "I'm sorry Kush give me two minutes I will get ready and come." I said already rushing through the bedrooms. 

 Kush chuckled from outside, “Rhea just open the door it’s okay." He said. 

 I was a bit unsure but I still opened the door and smiled sheepishly and nervously rubbed the back of my neck. 

 I said, “I’m sorry. I just went sleep. I forgot that we had a class together. I'm sorry you had to wait out for like 20 minutes and I'm sorry for making you angry and even banging the door in your face. Oh my god I'm such a horrible girl...." I trailed off catching my breath.