chapter 3

millie

i sat in my bed, blankets wrapped around me. finn was lounging in sadie's bed. i appreciated that although i wanted company, he didn't try and sit on my bed or get too close. sometimes i had a thing about people getting too close.

"how long have you been here?" i asked finn, although i knew finn was the second to get here, i didn't know when that was. "you don't have to answer if you don't want to, i know it can be hard talking about it. and you seem like you're doing good here. so i get if you don't want to bring up the past." i was completely honest when i said that, there were things that i didn't want to talk, or even think about.

"no, it's fine" responds finn. "i've been here for-hmm, three years. i'm seventeen now, and i got here when i was fourteen." he tells me. "i was in a series of different homes all my life, this has been the only stable home that i've had. whatta bout you?"

i hesitate, i didn't even know finn that well. less than twenty-four hours. however, for some reason, i felt as though i could trust him. with that in mind, i started to tell him. not the full story of course, but more than i've said in a long time. "well, i've been in the system since i was ten. since then i've jumped from place to place. i've only had one other home that i stayed at for awhile. they've all been shit."

and we kept talking for a long time. not all of it was that deep shit, some meaningless. but...it wasn't meaningless, because i was talking to finn.

i learned that his favorite band was twin peaks, he liked making music. he played the guitar, piano and the ever so difficult, hard to master...harmonica!

i told him that he'd have to play for me some time, he agreed.

i told him that when i was younger i wanted to become an actress. also that eggo waffles are my favorite food. and that when i was younger i believed i had telekinesis.

"hey finn, you don't have to go shopping with me tomorrow, if you don't want to" i tell him.

"millie if you haven't noticed by me talking to you all this time, i want to hang out with you. plus, now that i'm fired i have a lot more free time. i get bored because everyone else except noah has a job. and it's exhausting to hang out with noah all day. "so i'm happy to mills."

i grin, a big cheesy smile. "mills?" i question the new nickname. i liked it.

"oh, is that all right, mills?" he asks me.

"yeah-yeah it is. i like it a lot, wolfhard."

finn just smiles. i felt my eyes start to close. "hey, you're tired. i'll go. it's late so i'm sure that sadie and caleb are asleep by know." he tells me.

i start to panick on the inside, i didn't want to be alone. "or-or you could stay. sadie isn't here, i'm sure she's fine with you taking her bed. i just don't really want to be alone."

"yeah-okay. i'll stay here." he goes to turn the lights off, and i burrow deeper in my blankets. i felt my eyes flutter closed. "goodnight millie."

"goodnight finn." and i fall asleep with a smile on my lips.

aren't they adorable?? this was short ik

aren't they adorable?? this was short ik. thanks for reading and plz vote! I'm already watching s3 again haha. but the whole mileven breakup was rly funny in my opinion. -em