chapter 6

millie

the first day of school had come upon us. it wasn't like i was nervous about what people thought of me. i couldn't care less, i've learned to stop caring about others opinions of me. honestly, i couldn't figure out why i was a little nervous. whatever, i need to figure out what to wear. i dress to impress. god, why did i say that?

i finally decided on a plaid miniskirt with a burgundy tank top and pair of vans. i pulled on a light cardigan and grabbed my back pack. sadie wore a pair of high waisted, cutoff,  jean shorts. with a little stripped tank top. we ran down the stairs and grabbed the bagels that joe left us.

everyone else had already settled in the car and were looking very impatient. "took you long enough." joe muttered, starting the car.

we were all comparing schedules in the car, i hoped i had classes with them. however, moving from home to home, i was quite used to being the new girl. or should i say, loner?

i had a few classes with noah and sadie, along with one with caleb. but i think i was happiest when i learned that i shared one with finn.

joe pulled up to the school, and we said our goodbyes. "alright brats, have a good first day. don't get into too much trouble." he warned us.

gaten left first, claiming that he need to see a girl named lizzie. the rest of us climbed out of the car. i was stepping out when joe told me, "millie, it's all going to be fine. don't worry. i'm sure finn will take care of you." and he winked.

i was shocked, not that anything had happened. i just thought that my infatuation with finn had been discreet. i guess not.

finn must of noticed my expression, "what's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"oh, nothing. i'm good." i smiled.

we walked into the main building, so far everything was fine. until a certain girl came bounding toward finn. "finn!" she yelled, grinning. she pulled him into a hug. her arms wound around his neck, and his arms were around her waist. i looked down.

when they pulled away, finn looked at me. "millie, this is my friend iris." he smiled. i bet they were more than friends. i wanted to be more than friends.

"hi, it's really great to meet you!" i fake smiled. i was really great at lying.

"you too, finn talks a lot about you. sometimes he won't shut up. it's like millie this, millie-" she babbled on.

did finn really talk about me?

"okay iris, that's enough. we have to go. see ya guys later. bye mills!" he waved before leaving with that bitch.

oops, i meant iris.

noah grabbed my arm, "come on mille. we should get to english."

"okay okay" i told him. i gave sadie a quick hug before leaving with noah.

as we were walking, i decided to ask noah about the guy he was liplocking with at the party. i didn't remember much though, as i did get pretty drunk.

"hey noah, who was the guy that you were kissing at the party." i asked, giving him a smirk. she didn't care that noah liked guys. she firmly believed that you should be able to kiss, fuck, love whoever you wanted to. she just didn't know that noah was the hookup kind at parties.

noah looked surprised for a moment. "you remembered that" he asked, sounding slightly nervous.

"well, he was like eating your face!" i  exclaimed, giggling.

"shut up." noah said, giving me a playful push.  his face was slightly flushed, recalling the moment at the party. "his name is michael." he paused, "we aren't dating or anything though. i was just drunk. so was he."