chapter 7

millie

first week done. it was friday evening and wyatt and i were hanging out in my room. joe was pretty cool about letting wyatt hang out. although he did make me keep the door open three inches even though i insisted that we were just friends.

the more i hung out with wyatt, the more i started like him. he was kind, cute, funny, caring, and greatest of all...he didn't see like an asshole. however you never really know. i didn't need another asshole boyfriend.

wyatt's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "millie, would you go on a date with me?"

"yeah, i'd like that wyatt."

he grinned and pulled me closer. we were sitting on the ground, leaning against my bed. our hands were intertwined. and i felt, really, truly, happy,

***

i shut the door behind wyatt, and smiled to myself. i made my way to the living room where everyone, including joe, was hanging out.

sadie gave me a knowing smile, "ooooh" she giggled, "you and wyatt!"

"he asked me on a date!" i squealed and laughed.

sadie got up from the couch and ran toward me. she engulfed me in a hug, "yes! i ship it."

"me too." noah shouted. "my new favorite ship."

"i ship it." joe yelled. "unless he hurts you. then my baseball bat comes out."

i laughed and rolled my eyes in faux annoyance. i was secretly glad that joe approved. he wasn't my biological dad, and he was only a little more than ten years older than me. i looked up to him as a father figure.

i heard numerous more comments about wyatt and i. how they all shipped it and thought we were cute. also that they would beat wyatt's ass if he hurt me. nothing came out off finn's lips that whole time.

***

we had just finished watching all ten episodes of the society on netflix. and can i say that sam and grizz are the cutest couple ever, and i will protect them at all costs.

i was walking out of the bathroom, when i bumped into finn. "watch where you're going." i heard his deep voice say. but it wasn't in a funny, or playful way. he was actually annoyed. mad.

during all my time living here, i never have saw finn mad. maybe a little at the party when i got drunk off my ass. oh what good times!

"the fuck's got you in a pissy mood?" i questioned.

"god stop asking so many questions. none of your fucking buisness. go back to talking to whatever guy you're with today."

"fuck you wolfhard." i was fuming, i flipped him off before stomping back to my room.

***

"-and then he was like, go back to talking to whatever guy you're with today. the fucks his problem?" i ranted to sadie and noah.

"sometimes finn gets pissy for no reason." noah offered

"yeah he can be a jerk sometimes. just don't let it get under your skin. he'll be begging for you to forgive him soon enough." sadie advised.

"he just-he reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. it was scary. jacob would always insult me, call me a slut and make me feel terrible about myself. i didn't realize how toxic the relationship was." i told them, tears welling in my eyes.

"god millie, that's terrible. he's an asshole for treating you that way. i hope he rots in hell." said the redhead. both sadie and noah were hugging me and i was glad that i had the support of people that loved me.