chapter 16

millie

my life was a series of unfortunate events. then finn came along. and it sounds really sappy, but he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. joe and his whole foster home are.

i finally felt as if i had found a home.

finn made me so so happy. then he cheated on me. and the dilemma was whether to give him a second chance. do you give a second chance to someone that cheated on you? and how do you know that they won't do it again and again.

but also finn was a good person, or so i liked to believe. he had made a mistake, a really stupid one. it could have been one time mistake, that he'd learned from.

i just didn't know what to do.

i was afraid that if i took him back, i would feel like shit. at the same time, if i didn't give him a second chance, i would feel like shit. so i suppose feeling like shit is inevitable.

***

"i don't know what to do." i whined to noah and sadie. i flopped on my bed and sighed dramatically.

"millie, we can't tell you what to do. it's up to you." sadie reminded me. she was curled up in her blush colored duvet.

"just go talk to him." noah rolled his eyes. "he'll be apologizing the second you let him talk."

"how do i know he won't do it again though." my eyes were getting a little misty.

noah shrugged, "if you're going to forgive him, you have to trust that he has learned and won't make the same mistake twice."

"noah's right." the red head added "for once."

"hey!" noah pouted.

"you have to decide whether him kissing maddie is forgivable. and whatever you chose is okay."

i had started full on crying now, noah and sadie engulfed me in a hug. "hey it's okay." sadie soothed.

"i love you guys so much." my voice was muffled from being pressed into noah's shoulder.

"we love you too millie."

***
i took a deep breath, here goes nothing. i creeped down the hallway to his doorway. the door was open by a crack and i could see his silhouette. he was hunched over playing the guitar, muttering some lyrics. i found myself standing there for awhile. in a trace, swaying to the tune.

girl, don't make me fall in love with you
i don't think i'm right for you
i'm just disappointing you
lonely nights like these you just stumble in my head and i'm wondering what you're doing
and why maybe i'm not dead
the thought of you still kills me
i know i'm a stupid guy
looking  back at my mistakes, i fucked up a million times
i couldn't see the day
i never called somebody mine
'cause every single heartbreak made me lose my fucking mind
i guess i was too blind
girl , i see that you were right for me
i had to fuck it up, i'm sorry this is not goodbye

"that was beautiful."

he turned around to find me lurking in the doorway. "oh-um hey." he said, clearing his throat. he was evidently flustered.

"uh, hi. can we talk?" i asked, pushing the door open a little more.

"yeah, come in." he told me softly, sitting on his bed gently.

i perched myself on caleb's bed, i wrung my hands together. to say i was nervous, was an understatement.

"what did you want to talk about?" he asked, trailing off at the end.

"er i think you know..."

"oh. right."

"finn i love you. i think i always do. you make me so happy. i thought things were going well. why did you kiss her?" my voice broke at the end, and i fought back tears. i didn't want to turn into a blubbering mess in front of him.

"mills. i don't know how to explain it." he paused, running a hand through the curls that i love so much. "nothing ever goes right for me. and something finally was. and i panicked. i didn't know what to do. i mess up everything right in my life."

"finn i want there to be an 'us'. i want to be together. i want to be with you. you've helped me, and i've grown so much as a person because of you. how-how do i know you won't just mess it up again?"

he took a breath, closing his eyes. "i'm sorry i cheated on you, and that won't happen again. all it did was make things worse. and it hurt you. i never want to do that again. the thing that hurts me the most, is you hurting. i don't want to ever cause you to hurt ever again. i'm not asking that you forgive me. what i did was shitty. but can we put it past us. and try again? i'll do better. you're the most important thing in my life. i'd be a fool to fuck that up again."

"i'm a firm believer that we shouldn't judge people based on their worst mistakes. so, finn i want to try again. i think we can make it work. because i love you. i love you finn."

"i love you millie."

he kisses me softly on the lips. i didn't realize how much i missed his lips on mine. i inhaled his comforting scent. everything about him felt right. i felt his body heat as our bodies pressed together. my hands tangled in his curls and it all felt perfect.

this is where i belong.

hehe sorry this took so long 😔 yanno school and all that shit

hehe sorry this took so long 😔 yanno school and all that shit. hope y'all like. im catching feelings for this guy and ughh I can already tell it's gonna not be good. anyway do u guys have a fav singer and genre of music? mine is lofi/indie pop. clairo, cuco, and boy pablo r the best :))) the song finn was singing is called Dontmakemefallinlove by cuco it's one of my favs check it out! -em