PART 2 - Scene 1 - The Daleks!

(Opening titles)

The Doctor bends down to K-9's level.

Doctor:

What do you make of the ship, K-9?

K-9:

Insufficient data, Master.

Doctor:

Right. Aim out your laser on the door, K-9.

The laser points out towards the steel entrance of the craft.

Connor:

I think Lily is right Doctor, we should get out of here if you really are unsure of the situation.

Doctor:

Yes. You stay here, K-9.

Leela:

I can feel it too. Evil.

Doctor:

Yes. You can sense it. Let's head back.

They begin to head back, turning their shoulders.

K-9:

Master! The entrance is beginning to open.

They stop and reverse back around. The Doctor takes out the Sonic Screwdriver as Leela slips out her knife. They both stand at the front. There is a sense of mystery and tension and fear among the crew. They know something bad is coming out of the ship, and are just waiting for that moment. Sweat begins pouring out of the brows of some of the men.

Doctor:

We're armed now. We at least have some sort of defence.

Leela:

It is not like you to take arms, Doctor.

Doctor:

Only when the time calls for it. Right now, this might be one of the greatest perils the human race ever faces.

Nobody makes a sound. The doors begin sliding open. They reveal nothing, just a blank wall of silver. Until...

Dalek 1:

EXTERMINATE!

Doctor:

NOW, K-9!

The first two Daleks come zooming out of the entrance, onto the planet's surface. K-9 zaps his lasers onto the Daleks. Blowing their tanks off and spewing the mutant out.

Connor:

Everyone get back!

Mitch takes Lily, Mia and Louisa as they sprint back off. Milo cowardly runs back towards the complex. They desperately run back.

Leela:

More incoming!

Another Dalek zooms round. We see the circular eye view of the Dalek. Leela throws her knife directly into the eyestalk, blowing the vision out.

Dalek 2:

MY VISION IS IMPAIRED! I CANNOT SEE!

Doctor:

Get down!

The Doctor and Leela dive behind K-9, whilst Connor and Ki hide behind the rocks in time. The Dalek zaps aimlessly shooting everywhere. K-9 is able to fire a laser at the Dalek. Only for the Dalek blast to hit K-9 simultaneously. They both blow into firing.

Leela:

K-9!

Another Dalek zooms out of the corner. The Doctor quickly activates the Sonic Screwdriver as the entrance crushes the Dalek, crushing it as it screams. Locking the doors in.

Ki:

What was that?

Doctor:

The Daleks! Quickly everyone, back to the TARDIS! It's the safest place.

Leela:

What about K-9? Is he alright?

Doctor:

Come on, Leela!

He picks up K-9 and runs in the lead with Leela and Connor and Ki. ZAP! Ki screams as he drops dead. The others turn around as Ki dies agonizingly on the floor.

Connor:

NO!

The Dalek in the door was not dead. It had killed Ki!

DALEK 2:

EXTERMINATE!

Leela throws another knife in the eyestalk, blowing the entire lid off as the mutant is blown out of the shell too.

Doctor:

There is nothing we can do for him now. Come on.

Connor:

What about the others?

Doctor:

Tell them where we are, and they'll catch us up!