Scene 5 - A sun's supernova

Connor stands by the Doctor's side, busy at the controls of his ship.

Doctor:

Now, hopefully we should end up where we want to old girl.

The Doctor notices Leela, sulking next to K-9.

Leela? You alright?

The Doctor rushes around to comfort her.

What's wrong?

Leela:

I feel ashamed.

Doctor:

What of? The Daleks?

She nods yes.

I'm sorry Leela. But with your help, we can beat them, can't we? It's not over yet. It's never over with the Daleks it seems. Are we good?

She smiles. The Doctor smiles. Handing a pack of jelly babies to her. The Doctor then returns to a bleeping on the console, as the scanner suggests through the diamond end title sequence time vortex - they are being followed.

Damn! The Daleks are following us.

Connor:

We can shake them off, can't we?

Doctor:

Well, last time that happened we had to chase through the entire cosmos. Scratch the other side of Banjee-Xyno. Its battle stations! And the last thing we need is arriving on a civilized planet for the Daleks to slaughter.

The interior of the Dalek ship is cramped, enough only to contain four Daleks. Like the main ship, it is dark and the instruments are similar with lots of buttons and panels and the communicator like a round glass on a stick. The four grey Daleks have yellow and red bombs attached to themselves, like in Destiny. Located around mid-way on their casings.

Dalek 1:

TARDIS APPROACHING SUN DX49.

Dalek 2:

SPACE CAPSULE DETECTED. TARDIS LOGICALLY WILL TRY TO LAND IN STATED LOCATION.

Dalek 3:

WE SHALL PURSUE THEM AND THEY WILL BE EXTERMINATED.

Dalek 4:

TARDIS BEGINNING TO MATERIALISE.

The Doctor sets the controls to the space capsule.

Doctor:

Right. There's a space capsule floating nearby a sun that is about to turn supernova. If I'm right, we will escape in time before it expands.

The TARDIS has materialized.

Come along.

Leela:

What about K-9?

Doctor:

We'll have to leave him. K-9 will be alright.

Connor:

You mean, we have actually moved?

Doctor:

Yes, Connor. Care to step outside?

Connor is the first to leave. He is stunned at how he has travelled.

Connor:

WOW! We've gone.

The Doctor and Leela leave. The corridors are short but feature lots of bends and corners. The walls are a dim yellow, wires hanging out from the roof, as though the spaceship was damaged.