Scene 8 - The return

The TARDIS maintains present flight, the glass rising and lowering as usual. The Doctor at the controls once again. Leela and Connor sit opposite ends of the table that holds the damaged K-9, engaging in small talk.

Connor:

So, the Daleks.

Doctor:

My oldest and most dangerous enemies.

Connor:

That was easy. Just stopping four, wasn't it?

Doctor:

Four is nothing against a Dalek army.

Leela:

When are we going to get K-9 fixed?

Doctor:

Oh, soon.

The Doctor stops. He stares up with his mouth wide open and pondering.

You know, that prisoner has got me thinking. Their submarines were there, but was deserted. What did they do? Last time I was there I thought I put everything straight with that supercomputer. You know, something must have gone wrong, and they lost power. The Voord took over, and they took all those spaceships. Now they can travel the universe. And conquer. And destroy... Still, that will be for another time. I'll find out one day. And I look forward to it.

Connor:

In English please, Doctor?

Doctor:

In English, I am taking you home. It is nothing for you to worry about. In fact, we're landing now.

The TARDIS is beginning to land again, as the centre column slows down. It stops. They have arrived. The Doctor opens the doors to the ship.

Connor:

Good. It will be great to get back home.

They leave. Standing on the same rocky, moon-like planet with the stars, skies and planets above their heads, the Time Lord, the savage and Connor stare in amazement at them.

They never get old. I was actually starting to miss them. But, at least I get a taste of what might be out there.

Leela:

The Doctor has taught me science and the wonders of the universe. And I am grateful for it.

Connor stares around for a moment, wondering.

Connor:

Hey! We're nowhere near the base. You've brought us to the other side of the planet, Doctor.

Doctor:

Well, that was the original intention at first I suppose. And then, well... I prefer the way it really happened. In case you haven't already noticed, Leela and I live in the unpredictable and dangerous. It's more fun that way. Anyway, it will be a good bracing walk. Shall we?