Scene 4 - The Dalek Supreme

The Doctor has been in lift after lift after lift, being pushed around and sent through corridor to corridor to corridor as he and the Daleks eventually make their way to central control, the very top of the factory, and seemingly taking forever. Now, they have reached the control centre. A Dalek passes over the cheerful Doctor, staring deep into his face before the Dalek moves off.

Dalek 1:

HALT!

The smiling Doctor stops next to the Dalek, the entrance is just ahead, with another passage leading to the right which heads deeper into the complex. The Dalek presses with the plunger on the wall next to a radio communicator.

THE DOCTOR IS OUTSIDE.

Dalek Supreme:

SEND HIM IN!

Doctor:

You know something, you really ought to change those sink plungers of yours to something more practical. You use it for the washing up at home I suppose or clean your toilets. There was that one time when I was in the supermarket back on Earth and I was messing around with a sink plunger and got it stuck on the ground, and I had to pull it out. I did, and hit one of the managers by mistake. Good thing Zoe was there to explain everything to her.

Dalek 1:

YOU WILL NOW SHOW RESPECT TO THE DALEK SUPREME! ENTER!

The doors slide as the Doctor is ushered in. All the Daleks in the control room turn to stare menacingly at him as he smiles. The Dalek Supreme confronts the Doctor as the doors close the doors behind – there was no escape now.

Doctor:

Some Dalek Empire you've got building here. Of course, it's a shame you can't really understand humour.

Dalek Supreme:

DOCTOR! BEHOLD THE TRUE DALEK RACE!

Doctor:

Oh yes, are you going to show me you're power plants and everything and then you'll tell me all your plans, won't you.

The Supreme holds the Doctor with the plunger, it somehow tightens grip on the Doctor, forcing him to strain.

Dalek Supreme:

NOW YOU ARE IN THE HANDS OF THE DALEKS, YOU WILL PAY FOR ALL YOUR INTERFERENCE! YOU CANNOT STOP US THIS TIME – DOCTOR!

Doctor:

Tell me what you are doing here, and why you have come to Banjee-Xyno in the first place.

The Supreme releases the Doctor. It shows the Doctor the instruments and scanners and the Dalek army, with the new Daleks being released from the chambers.

Dalek Supreme:

THE DALEKS ARE IN CONFLICT WITH THE MOVELLAN RACE! THEY HAVE DRIVEN US TO THE EDGES OF THE UNIVERSE. WE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE LAST DALEKS IN EXISTENCE. INCLUDING PLANETS LIKE BANJEE-XYNO AND SKARO!

Doctor:

And so you found this planet floating aimlessly in space – containing pools of DNA that you can use to build a new Dalek army. An endless supply. And not only can you wipe out the Movellans with your new Empire, but you can jump on any planet and colonise them. And they won't stand a chance against your new race.

Dalek Supreme:

WE CAN MUTATE THE DNA AND ADAPT INTO A NEW SPECIES OF DALEK!

Doctor:

Yes. Far deadlier and more ruthless than any race see before.

Dalek Supreme:

ALL EMOTIONS EXCEPT HATE HAVE BEEN PURGED TO CREATE THE TRUE DALEK!

Doctor:

What about the human slaves you possessed?

Dalek Supreme:

MAN'S FUNCTION IS NOTHING MORE THAN A WORK-MACHINE. SOME HUMAN SLAVES WERE CREATED FROM THE EMBRYO TO ASSIST IN BUILDING OUR NEW COMPLEX IN SIX SHORT MONTHS! SKARO HAS BEEN CONTACTED AND THE FLEET WILL SOON BE READY!

Doctor:

And send your battleships and then go around slaughtering the universe!

Dalek Supreme:

CORRECT! AND WITH THE AID OF YOUR TARDIS, OUR TIME SHIPS WILL BE INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Doctor:

But of course, you can't kill me stone dead now as you need to locate the TARDIS and you will have to have someone to help you learn its secrets.

Dalek Supreme:

CORRECT! YOU WILL HELP THE DALEKS WIPE OUT THE COSMOS, AND LET YOU SEE THE STATE OUR YOUR PRECIOUS UNIVERSE! THEN YOU ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE WILL BE PURGED AS YOU SHALL BE TORTURED AND FINALLY – EXTERMINATED!