26{Polygraph}

Linka pushed and shoved her way through the heavy crowd of closely dancing teens in search of Clare but to no avail. She dropped to her knees and came face to face with her little brother Lars.

"Hey Lars" Linka greeted casually.

"Hey Linka, what are you doing down here?" Lars asked as he slipped his hand in the back pocket of a random person retrieving their wallet, taking out a significant amount of cash before slipping it back in the person's pocket.

"I'm looking for Clare I lost her about 45 minutes ago and I still can't find her, Have you seen her?"

Lars nodded his and pointed towards the direction of the door where a flash of blue and white had bee seen crawling through the crowd. " She was looking for you as well and said that if I ran into you, I should tell you to head towards the front door"

Linka nodded her head and ruffled his hair which made him smile and blush faintly. "Thanks, Lars, Remember to keep count as you go and no bill is too small"

"Thanks, Linka I'll keep that in mind" Was all he said as he faded into the crowd, and once more Linka began to crawl in search for Clare heading in the direction of the front door that Lars had pointed out to her. When she made it out Linka saw Clare dusting herself off and lotioing her now ashy kneecaps when she saw Linka she smiled.

"I see Lars gave you my message" Clare giggled as Linka stood and dusted off her own skirt. "Yep he's good at that sort of thing"

"He wouldn't be Lars if he wasn't" Clare smiled as both girls moved to the side of the porch as more people filled, and surrounded the house.

"So...how are you holding up? You haven't run into-"

Linka cut Clare off with a shake of her head, closing her eyes trying to suppress the memory of what happened earlier. "I just want to forget him Clare... even if it is just for one night I want to forget all about him"

"If that's the case the only remedy is getting properly wasted"

Clare and Linka turned around and saw the guy from the record store walking up to them with drinks. His brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, he wore a simple white V-neck and faded black skinny jeans he had a smile on his face that just told you not to trust him. That much about him was plain to see; he extended the cups to them but all they did was stare at him questionably.

"Aren't you that guy from the record store at the mall?" Clare asked crossing her arms in curiosity. He chuckled and nodded his head as he handed her the cup.

"Yeah, My name is Marcus Williams, but you, my lovely white-haired beauty can call me Marko" He handed Linka her red cup and while she took it that didn't put any of her suspicions to rest as she examined the cup. Marcus scratched the back of his neck and smiled when she looked up from the cup.

"I never did get to thank you both for saving me from the hands of that troublesome punk Luke Loud. He sure did a number on my neck that's for sur-"

"Where did you get these cups?" Linka asked in questioning curiosity cutting him off from abruptly. He blinked a few times before laughing it off. "I ah got from inside on the drink table, Why?"

"Thought so!" Linka said as she began pouring out the contents; she took Clare's cup and did the same, throwing the cups at him which he caught. Taking hold of Clare's hand the two girls began to retreat inside the house and away from him.

"Come on Clare"

"Hey, where ya going, Did I do something wrong?" Marcus followed after them only to stop when Linka appeared in front of him with a displeased look on her face as she snatched the empty cup from him and held it up.

"Yes, you did something wrong. Those drinks you gave were drugged! You tried to roofie us" Linka shouted. Clare gasped and the people that were outside the house were now curious about what the commotion was, Marcus, gulped and looked around as he shook his head and held his hands up in defense.

"What? No, you've got it all wrong, I would never do such a thing. I'm not that kind of guy" Marcus said in defense for himself and the roofie allegation that had been pushed on him by the unconvinced white-haired girl and some of the spectators.

"Liar!" Linka fired back holding up the cup once more. "You see this cup? it's red right?" Marcus nodded his head not sure where this was heading, Linka gave a cocky yet ticked off smirk as she placed a hand on her hip and laughed dryly.

"Well it's not supposed to be, You see the cups that are being used at this party are very special cups. These cups come in five distinct colors being Blue, teal, purple yellow and pink. Notice how I didn't say red? That's because red isn't one of the colors" The look on Marcus' face dropped as he looked around and saw that everyone's cups were the exact color that she said them to have been which confused him greatly and made him ask how his cups were red, unlike all the others.

"You see Marko I have a super genius for a little brother and let me tell you in moments like this I'm glad because he engineered these cups to ensure no one at this party gets drugged and forced to do something that they don't want. In idiots term, as he likes to call its safe if it's one of the five colors I listed but if the drinks tampered with then it turns red and his little genius face shows up on the side of the cup and shakes his head. So yeah I don't know what you thought was going to happen when we drank from those cups but it's never going to happen" Linka harshly  threw the cup at him and scoffed at his angry yet shocked face as she led Clare back into the house, The girl marveling in how awesome her best friend was, and thanking Levi where ever he was right now.

"Linka that thing with the cups was amazing. I didn't know Levi made the cups, I thought you bought them cause they looked pretty" Linka laughed at her friend and playfully rolled her eyes as she handed Clare a perfectly safe blue cup while she picked up a purple one.

"In truth, Levi told me privately that he had me in mind when he made these cups." Linka said sentimentally as they climbed up the stairs and watched the party rage on from the top floor. Clare's eyes widened as she sipped from her cup slowly.

"Really? I had no idea"

"Yeah, I mean I'm the only girl in the house and there are a lot of unfamiliar dudes and alcohol at this party who have to spike a drink to get a girl. Levi didn't want that for his sister so why would he want it to happen to someone else's sister who just wanted to have fun tonight" Clare thought it over in deep thought and nodded her head as she looked at the blue cup in pride.

"Levi is a good kid," Clare said resting her head on Linka's shoulder.

Linka smiled and nodded her head. "I know...He knows too"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I'm pretty sure some of you are glad Marcus got exposed but don't get happy yet this party ain't over sis.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAAAACkkk *coughs uncontrollably * WATER ON SET DAMN IT

Ok, anyway when I wrote the part about the cups I was listening to Polygraph Eyes by YUNGBLUD and that song along with 11 minutes are songs that really do something to me so yeah heavy topics that I don't have the words for at the moment yayyyy.