Pocketful of Posies (William Vangeance)

This is a request I'm fulfilling for the lovely kiwipineapples (your name sounds absolutely scrumptious by the way) !!!
William x Secretive(;))!Reader
....

This man truly deserves so much love ...<3

(π.π)

_______________________________________

There was much that many didn't know about William Vangeance, Captain of the Golden Dawn. Many didn't know what type of Magic he used still. Hardly anyone knew what he looked like without his mask, maybe a handful of people...if that. What they did know though was that he was man who was very fond of nature, flowers in particular.

It always did bring him peace.

When (F/n) had first met the man, he was...still a boy, actually. This was, of course, before he'd gotten his famous mask.

She'd been one of the maid's children permitted to live on the vast grounds of Vangeance Manor. She'd been playing in the garden alone, as she usually was. She was...nice, he recalled. Never had she held a look of fear or harbored any ill will toward him. She was never afraid like the other children or adults for that matter. Though they'd only spoken once in the few years he'd known of her existence, he really liked (F/n). She'd even gone as far as to occasionally leave Long Cup Daffodils around the manor in places she'd know only he'd find.

It was sweet, really.

The next time they spoke face to face was actually a few years later. He was admiring a bouquet of beautiful Maltese Cross when she approached him, smile gracing her lips. He remembers this day vividly as she'd been wearing the most beautiful mauve dress, a Purple Anemone placed delicately in her hair. At that moment, a teenaged William didn't know if the sweet smell were the flowers in the shop or her.

He'd finally worked up the courage to ask her on a date one day cleverly disguised as random outing. He almost fully expected a rejection that...didn't come. She was so giddy about it when she agreed in fact that he almost lost his composure for once...
Almost.

And now...
Now they were engaged. Honestly, he still wasn't sure how he'd gotten such a sweet beauty to agree to be his Bride.

"William,love...we need to talk."

He noticed how her nervous tone grew concerned.

"Of course, my flower. What ever is the matter?"

She giggled and smiled despite the worry that was very evident in her eyes. She took a seat across from him rather than her usual spot at his side.

Well then. This was certainly new...

He placed a hand on top of her smaller ones folded in her lap as reassurance. She chewed her lip slightly and he found himself beginning to get...a little worried, actually. But he smiled nonetheless.

"Take your time, dear."

She took a few quick breaths and leaned in close, her breath ghosting his lips as he tilted his head slightly to the left.

"You're,no... we're having a child."

He blinked.
Blinked again.
Then he began to chuckle heartily, almost laughing outright. He moved his hand from hers to her cheek and caressed it gently, smiling brightly.

"Is this what you've been so worried about, my love?"

He moved to kiss her gently.

"I couldn't love you any less even if I tried," He whispered against her plush lips.

Looks like...his little garden was about to Flourish.

Fin