The Start Of A Maybe

Today, the first day I work, I wake at seven.  I don't bother looking good.  I just put grey sweatpants on with a white graphic-T and a different pair of grey sneakers.  I do, though, put my hair up.  I may look like an egg but I'm not trying to impress anyone.  Not anymore at least.

I start off the day with a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, yet again, but this time I had a banana too. I do see that Robert texted me again today, I ignore him again. Once the clock hit ten I grabbed all my needed supplies and got on my bike and went to my first day of rehearsal.  I had my GPS just in case though.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan of Lauren so when I saw her I kinda freaked out, not visibly though.  That'd be weird.  As I park my bike in a good spot I see Robert.  He sees me too and we just stare at each other for a solid second then he starts to walk over to me.  I ran inside before he could even say 'hello' to me, if that was even his plan.  Maybe he was going to curse me out.  That's always fun.

Nick pulls all of us to a great big round table and has assigned seats for us.  I'm sitting next to Joey and Lauren.  Robert is on the complete other side.  I can feel him staring at me.

"So this is just a little exercise. Just for all of us to get to know eachother.  I want each of you to state your name and a weird talent of yours.  I guess it doesn't have to be a weird talent but just something out of the blue that you wouldn't purposely bring up." Nick then looks around the room and points at Robert to go first.  "It'll go counterclockwise."

"Hi, my name's Robert and I guess a weird talent I have would be that I can sing with my mouth closed."  Right after saying that he looked up at me.  It looked like a challenge.  Am I supposed to try to beat that? I literally have no skills.  Whatever, I accept the challenge.  I guess I do have one skill that I've never heard of anyone having.

After Joey was me and Joey just went.  See now I'm nervous, that's fun.  "Hello, my name's y/n.  My odd talent would be that I can sing a song backwards as long as I know all the lyrics from singing it regularly."  I look up at Robert.  I just won that.  Robert does look impressed but I tried not to look fazed by it.

Nick once again spoke after everyone shared.  "Okay I have all the scripts here.  We have to practice as much as possible.  I believe in all of you though." Nick then leaves for awhile and we discuss how we want to tackle this.  Like what voices we should do, if we should do any.  I only have a few lines.  I do sing in all the songs though, which is good.  I'm so pumped.  Throughout the day though Robert gave me glances.  I felt uncomfortable. I think everyone noticed too. 

~Lunch at 2~

Nick walks in with food along with other unfamiliar people.  "I know I wasn't here for a lot of the begging but I promise I will be now.  I just wanted to buy a big lunch for all of you guys.  I think we deserve it." I feel lucky for being apart of this.  Honestly I thought everyone was going to be shitty but they are all actually so sweet and funny. 

I grab a plate and get a little of everything.  I sit at an empty table but as soon as I sit the rest of the people eye me and nod me over.  This is the opposite of high school.  They even said life was only going to get harder but look at me? I'm literally living the dream.  The only bad thing about this dream is that when I sat down Robert sits down right next to me.  Nick gives me a confused look and I mouth "I don't know".  Because to be honest I don't.

I'm one of the last to finish eating.  Along with Robert.  So everyone else went into a different room and started stretching leaving Robert and I alone.  "Why are you here and why haven't you answered my messages?" He starts off.

"Because I got a call saying they wanted me and maybe because I want nothing to do with you." I go to get up but he puts his arm down on my leg making me uncomfortable so I don't move. "Please just leave me alone.  This pains me just being here.  I'm only here because this is my dream.  I don't want you to take control of that." I let out a short sigh.  "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I got accepted but I planned on surprising you and I'll read your messages later but please we have work, we can't stay here."  He then gets his arm off me and we both run into the room and start stretching with the others.

~Home at 7~

I run into my house desperately wanting to take off my shoes and take a shower and get into shorts.  That was a long, sweaty, embarrassing day.

Once I get out of the shower and put on new clothes I read the messages Robert sent me.

Robert: Hey I'm sorry, maybe we can hang sometime?
Robert: I understand that you're mad but it'd be nice to at least be friends.
R: Please...
R: Okay I understand.

Just a few moment later I hear a knock on my door.  I got to answer it and surprise, surprise it's Robert.  "Hey."  He said in a depressing tone.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping maybe we could rehearse some more right now."

"I literally just got of the shower Rob.  I'm tired and done with rehearsing today. I'm sure you can find someone else to nag about that with."  I then shut the door and walk away but he knocks again.

I open the door but he invites himself in. "Okay well I'm staying here tonight and giving you a ride tomorrow.  Good night." He walks straight to the couch (which already has pillows and blankets) and cuddles himself up.  Legally I can call the cops but I'm not that rude.  I shut off all the lights and go to my room and sleep.