The Start Of Something New

We just kind of sit there for awhile.  I decide to get up and walk back and forth behind the couch.  "Robert you wanted to talk so talk."  I continue to pace back and forth.

"Okay well I'm trying to steady my breathing and trying to hold myself together, alright?"

I shut up.  I know how he is feeling right now.

After a few more minutes Robert finally speaks.  "Do you know why I brought my girlfriend to California?"

"No.  Why would I?"

"Because I texted you about why."

"Okay well tell me why now.  I had a friend delete those messages so I  couldn't even try to read them."

He seems a little hurt adni kind of feel sorry for a second.  "Okay well I brought her bere and to Burger King with you because I wanted to break up with her in front of you and then ask you out right after.  This is because I knew I liked you for awhile and she did cheat on me and I wanted to get back to her.  That's why when you said 'I bet you haven't even broke up with her' I froze.  I didn't want to give my plan away to you so I couldn't say anything."

My heart stopped.  I can't tell if I should be angry or really happy about that.  It's cute and cruel.  I kind of like being rude to other people I don't like.  At first I had no reason really to dislike her but she was just rude to me first.  I'm thinking about it and I would of probably said yes and got all happy.

At first I wasn't goin to say anything but that'd be too rude.  After all I do really like him.  "To be honest with you Robert." I pause to make it more dramatic.  "I would of said yes. I really like you."

"Would of? You mean even if I asked right now you'd say no?" He looks down in disappointment.

I sit down next to him and put my arm around him.  "No.  I would of said yes to that and I'll still say yes.  Since I'm tired of waiting: Robert, will you be my boyfriend?" I've never actually asked someone out.  This feels great.

"Of course I will y/n."  I pull him in for a very long and intimate kiss.

Eventually we got off of each other and just stare.  We both are smiling and studying each other's face.

I get up and go to the door after I hear some murmuring at it.  I open it and see Nick, Joey, Meredith, and Lauren.  My closest friends, other than Robert now.  "Oh my.  Of course." I laugh and let them come in.  "How long have you guys been there?"

Nick spoke. "I had them in my car and waited at a gas station and when I say Robert's car I followed.  So pretty much the whole time."  He smiles. 

I hate them all but also they are like a family to me. (other than Robert, that'd be weird) (I feel like you've said this in your book but idk 😂 Rilee_lash2003) (also sorry guys wattpad wouldn't let me tag her cause when I did it would kick me from the app, but y'all should check her account out 😊)

Robert gets up and hugs them all.  "Well I'm glad you all are here.  I know you guys probably heard, but this is my new girlfriend." He, nicely (for once), takes me hand and spins me around.  They all start clapping.  This is weird but also kind of sweet.  I look up a Robert and steal a quick kiss.  He then puts his hand around my waist and we all continue to chat.  Every once and awhile we'll just glance at each other.  You know what? This may be the once time I'm actually genuinely happy. 

I whisper in Robert's ear.  "You should stay the night tonight."  I then look at him and wink.  He then smiles and nods his head.  I know what I'm doing tonight.