The Place To Be

Tybalt

I don't think you quite understand how hard it it to move a sleeping person without waking them up or being seen. It's honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done, and let me tell you I've done some hard things(if you get what I mean).

So after struggling for a bit, I successfully managed to get mercusio back to the place we stay, the one place that truly will always accept us. It never ment to serve as a hiding place for people, but somehow, in someway, it now does. There's a rumour that some girls were trying to hide from marriage so came here, all emotional and disowned. So the land lord took pity on them and let them work. Soon, in the darkest corners of the streets, people started whispering about it and before you know it, there's a safehaven for anyone. And it just so happens anyone includes us.

Today though, there was something wrong, I'm not too sure what, but I felt it deep down, in my bones. There was unease in the air, no cheariness as usual. And you would never guess why. It was one of the few people I knew he trusted but would he be OK with him knowing? Especially now he's here. Why is he here? Last I knew he was happy, at home. Did he find out about us being here? Want to tare us apart? Kill me? And if so, I'm just making me seem a larger target, carrying his best friend, unconscious in my arms. But soon, soon I'd find out.

He turned around at the surprised nioses coming from the people scattered around the room, who were growing increasingly worried. But right now, I didn't care. I needed to protect mercusio, even from myself. So I set him down, rigtt by the door so he could escape of needed and took a good look at benvolio. And let me tell you, he was a mess. Tears brimming his eyes, running down his face. Bruises covering his his neck and face in the shape of a hand. Blood trickling down from his hairline. And he just looked at me and seemed to crumble, it was like he had no fight left and he just bowed down to me, showing a side I had never seen, a side I don't think anyone had ever seen. And for some reason I wanted to protect him. I wanted to protect them.

Mercurio

I woke with a start, being set down beside the door. Not going to lie, I was confused, we weren't in our room, why had we stopped? And I heard the gasps. The ones of fear, of suprise, of worry. And here I was still half asleep, needing a good cup of coffee or something like that. But then I looked up, at where every eye was turned and saw it. Them. The two I trust the most. One looking terrified, broken even and the other utterly confused, obviously holding back his emotions. And here I was, knowing exactly where this was going.

This, this was the place to be.