Chapter 17: Hospital

Day 9: Monday

You open your eyes and you are laying in an unfamiliar bed. The lights are blinding. You look around. You are hooked up to an IV. You seem to be in a hospital? What were you doing here? You can't quite remember...

A lady walks in.

Lady: Doctor V! The patient has woken up!

?: I'm coming!

A man with blonde hair in a white doctor coat comes in. You can tell he's a bit clumsy... He nearly trips as he walks in.

Doctor V: Hello! I'm Doctor V! You can call me V~You're Mary right?

You: Yes... Why am I in the hospital?

V: We did some tests. Food poisoning. Good thing your friend Kris got you here on time! I don't know what you ate but that could've ended badly!

You: Oh.

V: What did you eat?

You: Mushrooms. My friend cooked some with fried rice. It was really spicy...

V: Spicy... Spicy poison? Hm...

You: I don't think my friend would poison me...

Mark wouldn't do that. You were sure of it.

V: Are you allergic to anything?

You: Um... I don't think so...

V: Well ain't that strange.

He strokes his chin.

V: You're well enough to be released but you should remember not to take food from strangers. Didn't your mom teach you that?

You: She said candy. And Mark's not a stranger.

V: (sighs) You're stubborn aren't you? Anyway, you can leave. Go home and take a nap, the medicine we gave you should take away the symptoms of the poison.

You: Okay, thank you.

The nurse comes back in and takes out the IV. You walk out of the room. Kris was standing there.

Kris: Mary, you okay?

You: Yeah.

Kris: I heard it was food poisoning. I don't think Mark would do that though.

You: That's what I thought too. Oh well. I'm gonna go home.

Kris: I'll walk you home.

It was a strange, silent walk on the way home. Kris was unusually quiet.

You got the your house.

Kris: I'll see you tomorrow.

You: Bye.

---------------------------------------------

Yay!!! It's the middle of Winter Break~ However, I have seven days left of break... Why does the time go by so quick???

I hope you guys are having a nice Winter Break!

~Meh :3