Chapter 18: Staying Home

Day 10: Tuesday

You woke up and your stomach felt queasy. You take a look at your clock, 8:30, you were already late for school. Oh well, you felt too lazy to go anyway. Better call in. You pick up your phone and punch in the school number.

Lady's voice: How may I help you?

You: This is Mary Linn's mother calling in. She is not feeling good today. She will be staying home.

Lady's voice: Okay. I will mark her absent. Good bye.

Click.

Well that was easy. Your stomach growled. You didn't feel like eating but oh well. You brush your teeth and brush your hair. You trudge to the kitchen. You dump out some Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

You finish eating it and climb back into bed. You felt so tired. Your phone goes, pring pring! Someone texted you. You check, it was Henry.

Where r u? U sick? I'm comin after school.
-H

You type back:

Ya, im sick. If ur comin bring some puddin.
-M

You were craving pudding at the moment and the store seemed too far away. You were bored too. You open your laptop and watch some YouTube videos for a couple of hours.

By now, it was noon. You microwave some macaroni and you ate it.

You crawl back into your bed. You were tired and you close your eyes. Let's take a nap~

?: Mary~ Wake up~

Such a nice soothing voice. Who is it?

?: Mary~ If you don't open your eyes, I'm eating all the pudding!

Pudding!!! Your eyes open immediately. You see Henry.

Henry: Morning! Want your pudding?

You: Yeah.

You get out of your bed and go to the living room.

You: How'd you get in?

Henry: The door was unlocked! Do you always leave that unlocked? What if a stranger came in?

You: Oh, I didn't realize.

It seemed that Henry was concerned about you.

Henry: So, why did you skip school today? I know you're sick but was it a fever or something?

You: I'll tell you if you give the pudding~

Henry slides the pudding across the table. You talk as you open the lid and eat the pudding.

Henry: Geez! What kind of pudding is that? Mark didn't tell me this...

Huh? Mark didn't tell Henry about this...?

You: Your turn, why were you sick yesterday?

Henry: An upset stomach like you. Strange enough. Mark was in charge of dinner... He never cooks... Maybe this was on purpose...

Henry mumbles something inaudible.

Huh.

Henry: Oh, the teacher asked me to pass this to you.

He slides a bunch of papers.

You: Homework?

Henry: Yeah... I can teach you if you'll like.

You: Please! Your teachings saved me from the math quiz awhile ago!

Henry spends the next two hours going over what the teacher taught today. It was so easy to understand. You were jotting notes as he talked.

You finally finished your homework.

You: Finally!!!

Henry: That took longer than I thought.

You: Sorry~ I'm kind of a slow learner.

Henry: It's okay. Well, I came to check on you and you seem fine now.

You: Thanks for coming.

Henry: I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow at school.

You: Bye!

---------------------------------------------

Happy New Year guys!!! School's two days away for me... And I don't wanna go back~ Staying at home has been so fun~ =_=

~Meh :3