Chapter 20: After School

Day 11: Wednesday

You were packing your stuff into your bag ready to head home. Kris walks up to you.

Kris: Mary!

You: Yeah?

Kris: I went to the arcade yesterday and won four tickets to Bi Beach Resort! You wanna go tomorrow? There's no school anyway so...

You: Sure! Do they allow pets...? I'd feel bad to leave CL at home...

Kris: She should be okay~ We'll be coming back in the evening. I also invited Henry and Mark!

Henry and Kris weren't always on the best of terms... And Mark? Those two seemed to get a bit closer...?

Henry: Yeah! We're coming along too!

Mark: The beach is always nice.

Kris: It's gonna be fun! Don't forget to get your swimsuits!

Mark: I'm gonna go home to pack, I'll see you tomorrow, Mary!

Henry: Same here.

He pecks you on the cheek.

You: I gotta go buy cat food for CL.

Kris: I'm done packing, I'll go with you.

You: Thanks!

You and Kris walk to the nearest pet store. After trying to figure out which brand was the best because neither of you ever have had a cat, you moved onto a bag, bowls, and toys. CL was currently sitting in your bag. She (you found out), was constantly meowing. You assumed she was hungry so you quickly paid and left the store.

You and Henry opened the door to your house. You put the down the bag and found the bowl. You walked over to the sink and cleaned it. Henry took out the food and put it in the bowl. CL walked over immediately and started eating.

Henry: She's cute, isn't she?

You: Yeah. I didn't know cats could be so cute.

Henry: Reminds me of you when we were little.

You: Oh sure.

Henry: Well, I gotta go now~ Make sure you pack enough for two days!

You: Okay! See you later!

Henry leaves.

Well, you have to pack for you and CL. You find your backpack and put it near your closet.

You: Let's see... That and that. That looks good...

In no time, you finish packing. It's time to make dinner! You hum while cooking, you're somewhat excited for tomorrow.

CL walks over to you and nuzzles your leg.

It's almost time...

Huh? Where'd that voice come from? Is it the same voice from before?

---------------------------------------------