Starting Over

I held my breath as the press slowly began lowering down onto me, my end was near. I didn't really want to die, but I had to protect the others! I've done everything so far to protect them, but they never seem to realize it. I took my final breath and smiled to myself.

SPLAT

I gasped for air as I looked around. It was pure darkness. I began to shove at the walls beside me and fell over onto the floor face first. "What the...?" I looked up to see a blond haired girl with music notes in her hair and I instantly recognized her. I scrambled to my feet, wanting to make a good first impression, if this even wasn't one. "What's your name?" Kaede seemed a bit different than when she first found her way into the same room as me and Keeboy. "I'm Kokichi Oma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader! My organization has over ten thousand members!" I tried a pose in an attempt to impress her. She chuckled and told me her name. "I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist. Although people usually just call me Piano Freak. I've played the piano as a pastime since I was a baby."

Huh, she didn't bother to question me... strange.

After Kaede blabbered about piano and music for a while, I looked at the door and asked her, "Do you think anybody else is here with us? It would be interesting to see what kind of people are here with us." We both headed out of the classroom to find Tsumugi, one of five I shouldn't trust. I've already narrowed down my list of possible masterminds because of the events before what I thought was my death.

I tried not to laugh as I watched the cosplayer attempted to ignore Kaede. "Maybe she's just a really detailed mannequin." She began to poke Tsumugi's cheek. "Hey, Kokichi, poke her!" "Ok!" I walked over to the bluenette and pushed my fingers into her cheeks. "I never expected to be poked from both sides." Kaede jumped but I kept my fingers where they were. "Can you please move your fingers though? I'm starting to feel plain uncomfortable." I complied with a sad sigh. Listening to Tsumugi's introduction reminded me how self deprecating this woman was. It was pretty sad, at least I try to hide it!

We continued wandering around and meeting people until we stumbled into the room with Kiiboy and Saihara~Chan. I smiled as I lifted my hands above my head and chased after Kiiboy. "Hey! Hey! Hey! What's your name? Are you a robot?" I heard Kaede and Shuichi begin a conversation behind us. "My name is K1-B0, but please, call me Keebo. And yes, I am a robot, but I am still just like you." "Ok Keeboy, I have a question! Do robots have dicks?" I heard Kaede and Shuichi giggle as my smile widened. Kiibo began stuttering and his face became red. "What's wrong Keeboy? Do you not want to tell me? Is it that small?" Kaede had to forcefully drag me out of the conversation... and the room.

Eventually, we had gone through most of the introductions, but I "lost" Kaede before she had reached the courtyard. I wasn't in the mood to talk to Gonta or Kaito just yet. I still felt guilty about what happened to Gonta and what may have happened to Kaito.

Maybe I'd trick them into thinking I was
actually smarter than I was, but then again they would probably think I'm the mastermind.

I continued my plotting until I heard Kaede call for me, I skipped along with my hands behind my head. "Hey Kaede! Sorry I couldn't find you, I got lost in these confusing hallways. I-"

I was cut off by an announcement telling us to meet in the gym by some multicolored teddy bears asking us to meet in the gym. The Monokubs have always been easy to manipulate in the start, but now, with some new information, I can easily force a few of them to do my bidding and end this hell if I can "predict" what happens to Monotaro.