Vaugely Irrational Arguments

The moment the trial started and Monokuma began his explanation of the trial, I knew we were all screwed. Kaede began some crazy tangent about the state of the body and the weapon. Somehow, Kaito thought the murder weapon was poison but not the literal knife in his neck.

We spent what seemed like hours trying to figure out who the killer is when Shuichi brought up something he should have mentioned ages ago. "Did anybody notice the paper in Korekiyo's hand?" Nobody answered. "It says it was written by Maki. The signature is legible enough to tell who it belongs to and it states the time of the murder as their meeting time. It amazes me how the killer didn't notice this small detail that could've ruined their plan." "Then... that means... Maki killed Korekiyo!" Kaede confirmed. "Well, Maki, can you defend your case?"

She went dead quiet. As expected from the Ultimate Assassin, she didn't admit her crimes. She and Kaede argued back and forth a few more minutes before she finally admitted to it. She mentioned my note but couldn't find it. I snatched it from her pocket once we arrived at the scene. "Upupupupu! It's voting time! Remember, if you don't vote, you'll die!" I practically slammed my hand on Maki's picture. I didn't hesitate for a moment. The plan worked and I could get as close to Kaito as I need now. 

~

Maki's execution was underwhelming for an Ultimate Assassin. It was pretty boring and dull compared to the ones I saw in the last life. Kaede's execution was far better and more interesting, even if it did make me feel extremely guilty about what happened. She had merely tried to fight off the Monokumas with a gun and failed. Monokid died again. 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" I kept tapping on everybody's shoulders. "I just noticed something! Maki's talent changed in the student handbook!" It was the Ultimate Assassin now instead of her lie of the Ultimate Child Caregiver. "Honestly, her lie was so easy to see through. I'm just glad we got the truth in the end!" I was hoping Kaito wouldn't slap me like what happened with Shuichi in the first trial last time. Everybody seemed sad, but there wasn't any crying. The two who died were fairly distant from the group so it was easy to get over them.

~

Kaito began to wallow back to his room. It was just the two of us in the back of the group. Everyone else went to their room. "Hey, Kaito... Do you mind if I stay in your room? After what happened to Kiyo, I don't feel very safe. I can sleep on the floor if you don't want to share a bed." I was violently shaking. Only half of the rouse was real though. I was shaking, but I had extremely exaggerated it, trying to seem more cute and innocent than I was. "If you insist, 'Kichi." I smiled lightly. "Thanks Kaito! I'll try to make it up to you somehow!" I skipped into his room and looked around.

I glanced around the room, noticing a few different galaxy posters around the room. There was a dirty magazine sloppily shoved into a drawer which wasn't even half closed. A few different hidden Monokumas lined the shelf on the wall as well. It seemed like a place Kaito would live. "You have a nice room. So, am I sleeping on the floor or are we sharing a bed?" I raised my eyebrows up and down a little as a joke. He blushed a little and sighed. "We can share a bed if you aren't going to act weird about it. Stay quiet about this though. I don't want people to think we did something weird." "Okayy! Miu wouldn't shut up about it if she knew, and she's annoying!" I tried to seem innocent as possible, but Kaito could probably tell I was going to stab Miu if she even thought of something dirty.

Kaito shoved the blankets down and laid on one side of the bed. My first instinct was to spoon, so I did. I scooted next to him and waited for him to eventually turn around. "Kokichi, what are you doing?" He asked, obviously feeling my warmth against him. "I'm trying to cuddle you. It would be awkward if we didn't cuddle." When he did turn around, he let out a small sigh. He wrapped his arm around me. I was really unsure whether he was joking with me or being genuine.