Know I'll Be Back

The next morning in the Dining Hall was fun to say the least. Miu was insistent on trying to find out if I had a dick. While I still kept my scarf on, it hung low around my neck so you could see the displays. "Miu, leave him alone, there are other robots with dicks out there. There are so many animes you can watch!" 

"I never even said I did, Tsumugi." I was sitting next to Keebo, rubbing my forehead in irritance. So far, almost nobody was interested in the fact Angie was actually an assassin and everyone wanted to know more about the robot.

Wow. Just my luck. I guess this is what I get for messing with a dead body. Sorry, Hoshi!

"Just leave him alone, Miu. He can't hurt us, so let's not hurt him..." After Miu glared at Himiko, she added on to her statement. "...or try and get into his pants for some reason."

"I am not! I'm just curious! It's not every day you meet a robot who managed to blend in as a normal little shit until a midget detective and a martial artist found out his secret!" Miu retorted. "I know, but somebody else is." She cast a quick glance at Keebo, who wasn't paying any attention to the situation.

Korekiyo placed a few plates in front of everyone except for me. "It feels strange not handing you a plate, Kokichi." He admitted, pouring a cup of tea for Shuichi. "What in this situation isn't strange though?" I added, staring at the blank space in front of me.

"I actually have a serious question that doesn't involve your dick, Kokichi!" Miu exclaimed out of nowhere. "I just HAPPENED to overhear your conversation with Kiyo, and how the fuck do you charge? You weren't plugged into an outlet or anything!"

I let out a groan of annoyance. "It's called solar power, ever heard of it?" If I could, I would've literally slammed my head into the table and broken it in half. "That does make sense. It would also do a great job conserving energy! I need to take notes on this!"

With Tsumugi acting as she'd never heard of a solar panel and my lack of reason to stay, I stood up. The little fire emotes flickered into my eyes. "I lost my appetite." "Kokichi, you don't have an appetite," Maki spoke up. "I know," I responded rudely before leaving.

~

A small knock at my door reminded me of my consciousness. "Kokichi, it's Keebo. Please open the door." I got up from my bed and let the taller boy in. "I know everyone was pestering you with questions and being robophobic. I apologize for all of them. I just wanted to know if you're ok. I can leave now if you wa-"

"No!" I blurted out as Keebo reached for the doorknob. "Um, can you stay for a minute or two longer? It gets kinda lonely in here."

"Of course! I don't mind staying with you Kokichi!" As soon as Keebo and I sat down on the bed together, the room fell into an awkward silence. "I feel like this whole ordeal is super strange. It's like something from a sci-fi novel!"

Keebo began the conversation. "You know, being kidnapped by some animatronic bears and meeting a robot who's trying to blend in with everyone in fear of dying. It doesn't even seem real!"

"Yeah. It's almost like I don't even exist and it's some weird fever dream somebody else is having and I'll just poof out of existence any moment, only reviving when they sleep again." I tried slipping in a slight hint to my situation, yet it failed. "I know I just complained about how everyone kept asking you questions, but do you have a tongue?"