Chapter 1

Before Sebastian found y/n

Your POV

"Help! Help!" I yelled out desperately, I have been trying to run away from these weird men in trench coats and have been searching somewhere to flee.

My feet were sprinting frantically as my eyes looked around the area to find a place to hide.

Somewhere where those maniacal people couldn't find me.

Long story short, they killed my parents. They're an organized crime syndicate, going after my family.

Why? You all might think. Well,
The boss was in love with my mother, but she rejected his advances.

So, in fury. He ordered his men to kill my family.

And a few hours ago, everything was fine! I was about to have dinner and go to bed.

Until my house burst in flames! My personal butler—Elliot—had managed to bring me out to the other butlers where they had to hide me.

The butlers managed to sneak me out safely.

But they weren't so lucky.

Everyone died, including my parents.

It scared me, watching everyone I loved die before my eyes.

I felt angry, vengeful even. I couldn't do anything to save my family.

I didn't have anything to defend myself with! Nothing! It was useless!

I was useless!

I just wish I could've turned back time to at least attempt to help.

But Miss Luck seemed to hate me because I'm stuck, trying to find a place to hide!

And I'm all alone, and there is a whole Crime syndicate after me!

I looked around for some adults that would be willing to help me, but none seemed to roam the streets at this time.

"Anyone, please!" I yelled out in desperation. My hands began shivering. They looked blue at this point.

Oh God, I just might die of frostbite!

Ugh! Why?! What have I ever done to deserve this?!

I had to try and get help. I just had to! But I felt like I wouldn't survive tonight.

But I had to! I had to avenge my family!

I had to come out of this alive!

I had to ask God for help! The Divine!

"God, please help me!" I yelled out, in hopes of reaching the almighty. My family was extremely religious and so was I.

So in a desperate attempt to get saved, I begged to the Lord to save me.

"Anyone!" I screamed, it would be a matter of time before they found me.

They were miles away, but they could catch me in a few hours.

I was losing my breath, as I slowly started to regret not following my butler's fitness classes.

What did I do to deserve this blasted fate?!

I tried to calm myself down, taking a breath in. I have to keep calm and think.

And finally, it clicked in my mind.

I had to hide, or I'll die!

But my negative thoughts wouldn't stop clouding my mind.

I looked down at my feet thinking: why won't anyone help me?