Chapter 7

|| after several hits and a few weeks later ||

"M'lady~!" Sebastian sang out, he seems quite happy today. He was skipping down the hallway, with a letter in his hands.

His beautiful hair bounced up and down as he skipped down the hallway.
His lips curled upwards into a happy smile. He looked flawless. So perfect...

And he seemed so happy today! His eyes radiant and his teeth shining bright.

I wonder why though... What's so special about today? Why is Sebastian so happy?

I looked up from my book, crossing my legs in a fierce way. My eyes looking at him with curiosity.

Sometimes I wondered how I had gotten used to a demon like him.

I placed my book aside, taking off my reading glasses. And then I looked at him in the eye, with genuine curiosity sparkling in my eyes. "Yeah?" I replied. My voice was quite low today, I was in a calm state.

He looked at me with that love-struck face again and showed me his signature smirk saying, "The queen has ordered us to take down some drug dealers at her ball tonight." He smirked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go and do this little mission." He smiled.
His red eyes piercing through my skull with a hidden adoration in them.

I looked at him with a bored look and then I remembered what I had to do again. "Yeah, sure. Let's go. Pick a suitable dress for me. One that'll seduce those pigs." I said, sorta annoyed.

My job as the queen's bat was disgusting. I had to go on missions that included me seducing a bunch of older men. And after the mission, I would have to kill them.

Anyways, that's how my mother died. She seduced a Mob boss for a mission and failed to kill him because she saw him as a friend. And in return got her and her whole family murdered.

Well, except for me though. I managed to stay alive and alright. And I'm still continuing the family legacy!

Sebastian noticed my annoyed expression, and as a result, he began to smirk wider. "If that's what you wish for, M'lady~" He smiled cheekily.

I looked at him with an unimpressed look, my stare narrowing a tad bit.
"Alright, alright. Get to it." I said in a monotonous voice.

His smile disappeared and was replaced with a bow and his right hand to his heart.

I looked at him one more time, my expression of boredom and annoyance never leaving me. He smiled merrily at me, his face glowing like a star in the beautiful, vast galaxy.

I smirked and decided that I should break spirits by saying, "Don't think I forgive you for that stunt you pulled a day ago." I said, looking at his face for some reaction.

And he indeed did react, his face had worry plastered all over it as he sweatdropped.

His smile truly did disappear this time and was replaced with a pout instead.
"I'll get to work. M'lady." He said, solemnly.

I smirked at his sudden defeat, feeling victory coursing down my veins.
"Good boy~," I said in a teasing way, my voice never faltering.

||A few minutes later...||

After what seemed like seconds, Sebastian came in with a beautiful black and red dress.

He smiled at me with his devilish smile, gripping my shoulders and showing the dress off to me.

"I've brought your dress, M'lady, ~"
He said in a sing-song tone. His voice was so pleasant and soothing it could help a baby go to sleep.

I stared at the said dress, and it was simply perfect for tonight.