36| Epilogue

Chapter 36| Epilogue

Dylan's POV:

~Many years later~

I watched as the woman of my dreams laid beside me, her head on my bicep and her legs entangled with mine. Her own arm was lazily draped around my torso, her touch constantly igniting sparks within me. She snored lightly, breathing on my skin and I traced patterns on her uncovered skin.

Chuckling, my mind absentmindedly went back to the time I proposed. 

~Flashback~

I could see the dazed look in Amelia's eyes as she stared at the picture of her laughing. She looked so carefree and happy that I couldn't help but take a candid picture of it. I did not know what was going through her mind, but I wanted her to be forever happy. 

I heard her gasp before placing her hands on her mouth, her eyes filling with tears. Taking a deep breath, I started the little speech I had practiced in my head like a million times.

"Amelia, my love, my salvation, my refuge and most importantly, my mate. I know you hate your past, and I know you think you're tainted. But where you see black spots, I see vibrant colors. You are a canvas of colors, a work of art. I watched you grow into the woman you are today, and I have never been more proud of a person in my entire life before. You have grown and learned so much and I am so grateful to the Goddess that she made you my mate."

I shifted my knees, taking another breath and starting again, "We may not have started out as the best couple, we were far from one actually. But if I imagine 10 years from now, I imagine you, I imagine us, and I imagine our little ones. Your smile has the power to bring Gods to their knees, and here I am, a mortal, on his knee, asking you to be forever his."

Opening the box that laid in my palm, I looked into her gleaming eyes and I knew there and then that I would love this woman for eternity. "Will you marry me?"

I made up a lot of scenarios in my head involving slapping, crying, and her even jumping up and down screaming the word "YES!" Never did I ever imagine her falling on her own knees in front of me, hands still on her wide mouth. 

The tears that had accumulated in her eyes finally fell, a sob escaping her full lips. 

She meekly nodded at me, looking at me as if she was trying to understand as if it were a dream or reality. To help her, I slowly held my hand out, encouraging her to do the same. Though her hand trembled, it reached mine and I interlaced our fingers together, kissing her knuckles.

"I love you." Another sob escaped her when I said those three magical words. As if something inside her switched, she snapped out of her daydream, flinging her arms around me. Lightly kissing my neck, I heard her breathe the word "Yes" out, and I let a few tears of my own fall.

~Flashback Over~

The wedding took place in a venue hall, with almost all of the Pack invited. A few of our business partners were also invited. Safe to say that it was far from a simple and small wedding. I made sure to work even harder, both for the Pack and for the company. All my efforts proved to be fruitful as I was awarded with the rank of Beta again, which was approved by the Werewolf Council too. 

"Daddy?" Sitting up, I looked at the door to see my two year old daughter standing there, thumb in her mouth as she hugged the teddy bear close to her small body. Clutching the sheets close to my chest, I smiled at her, encouraging her to come over. As soon as she was at the end of the bed, she extended her arms, a silent message asking me to pick her up. I did as she ordered placing her in between us.

Mia was the best gift Amelia gave me, aside from all her love and trust. I made sure that Amelia's pregnancy was smooth, always being there tending to her needs and handling her emotional tantrums. It was hard, but the moment I held my own flesh and blood in my arms, I knew it was all worth it.

"Daddy?" I snapped out from my thoughts when Mia gathered my shirt in a fist for my attention. 

"What happened to mommy?" I got concerned for a second and was about to ask but the sound of the bathroom door creaking open made me whip my head towards it.

The light from the bathroom glared at me, but I could see the little stick that Amelia had in her hand, the other on her waist.

Could it be....?

Sighing, she fast walked to me, holding the collar of my shirt in her hand and pulling me towards her, her lips crashing on my own. 

"Positive." Smiling brightly at the one word she said, I jumped from the bed, taking hold of Amelia and twirling her around making her squeal loudly. We heard clapping and giggles and we both turned to look at Mia who was giggling loudly at the scene in front of her. 

Picking her up with one arm and draping the other around Amelia's waist, I kissed both of them on the foreheads, muttering 'I love you's' to both of them.

The second child we had was a boy, who we named Nathaniel, followed by another girl, Leah.

I finally achieved the things I was striving so hard for. 

My mate, and our children.

My life was complete.

And so is this story.

~*~

A/N: *sobs loudly* It's over guys...

Writing this story was a roller coaster, to say the least. I would never had made it this far if it weren't for your support, your encouraging comments and votes mean a lot to me. 😍

Did you like the journey of Dylan and Amelia? Describe it in three words in the comments!

Thoughts on this chapter? Lemme know your opinions in the comments! 💞

Comment here if you want an Alternate Ending! (Spoiler: it will be sad...)

I love all of you! Stay safe, stay happy and don't forget to love and rejoice each other! 😘

Peace out! ✌️

-deadbutlol