Chapter 34

Almost as soon as I left his office, I got a call from Park Seo Joon. I smiled as I answered the call and put the phone to my ear as I walked down the hallway slowly. I chose to ignore the curious glances from the trainees.

"Oh, Le In. Where are you? Are you free today?" He asked. I smiled slightly.

"Mhm, I'm free for the moment. I was going to get a massage later, but right now, I'm at the company building," I answered.

"Stay there. I'll come pick you up," he said happily.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as I entered the café attached to the building.

"It's a surprise. Let Namjoon know I'm taking you. I don't want to get in trouble with him," he added as an afterthought. I smiled as the boys walked through the glass doors.

"Hold on, he's right here. You can ask him yourself since you won't tell me anything," I stopped him.

"Oh Laine!" The boys waved. Namjoon smiled as they all walked towards me. I handed my phone out to him.

"What's this?" He asked as he took the phone.

"Who knows... Seo Joon Oppa called. He wants to talk to you first," I answered.

"Oppa?" Namjoon raises an eyebrow at me before putting the phone to his ear.

"Mhm," he spoke cautiously. He glanced at me before he turned his back and took a few steps away from me.

"Noona! We have practice today until late," JungKook said with a pout. I smiled and ruffled up his hair.

"Practice hard," I chuckled. Namjoon came back and handed my phone to me.

"What did he say?" I asked curiously. He sighed before putting a smile on his face by force.

"He's your senior Park Seo Joon, not Seo Joon Oppa," Namjoon said through gritted teeth. "And he'll be here in a few minutes to pick you up," he added.

"I don't know... I'm pretty sure he's Seo Joon Oppa," I teased him. He gave me a look before he couldn't help but to smile.

"Get back safely and have fun, but not too much fun. Go, he'll pull into the parking garage," Namjoon said quickly.

"Go with me. I need to talk to you," I remembered. He walked with me alone as we walked through the hallways to the parking garage. I stopped and made sure no one was around before I sighed.

"I talked with PD Eum today. I told him about... our plans. He thinks it's a good idea, but also he wants us to meet each other's parents before anything is decided. He's going to fly me out to my hometown at the same time you guys will be there for your tour. So you can meet my parents," I explained awkwardly. He smiled and held my hand in his gently.

"I was going to ask you soon if we could line up our schedules to go see my parents. They're in Goyang so it'll probably be a day trip. I'll make sure my little sister is there to meet you too," he said softly. I suddenly got anxious.

"What if they don't like me? I mean... I'm not Korean, I'm an actress, and I dropped out of the sky. Won't they hate me?" I asked nervously. He chuckled before he kissed the back of my hand.

"They won't hate you because I love you," he tried to assure me. A car pulled up in front of us and I quickly pulled my hand out of his. The driver stepped out and smirked at us before taking off his sunglasses.

"Oh. Seo Joon Oppa," I said in realization. Namjoon eyed him warily as Seo Joon chuckled.

"It's a wonder why you two haven't been caught yet. You're so careless," he joked.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I walked towards his car. Namjoon followed closely behind me.

"It's a surprise," Seo Joon answered. As I was about to get in, Namjoon held my arm back. I turned to run into his lips in a kiss. When he pulled away, he smiled.

"I'll text you later," he promised before opening the passenger door for me. I got in as Seo Joon got back in the car as well. We fastened our seatbelts as Namjoon stepped away from the car. Namjoon waved to us as Seo Joon drove away. I sighed, deep in thought. I would be meeting Namjoon's family.

"What was that?" I thought out loud to myself as Namjoon's words rolled through my head.

"He's just marking his territory," Seo Joon smirked, unaware of my thoughts. Now that I thought about it, that's probably exactly what that final kiss was for.

"Cute," I smiled to myself as I thought about Namjoon's jealousy. I turned my attention back to Seo Joon.

"You can't even give me a hint as to where we're going?" I asked. He smirked as he shook his head.

"We'll be there soon," he assured me. I hummed along to the songs on the radio to pass the time.

"Are you going to integrate into an idol group later?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I don't think I'm cut out for that lifestyle. It's hard enough already as it is. I'm not a masochist," I joked. He nodded in understanding.

"You're talented enough to do whatever you want to do. Me? I can't sing if my life depended on it," he chuckled. I laughed along with him.

"We're here," he announced as he parked the car in front of a hotel. I looked at the building curiously as my door was opened for me.

"Aren't you afraid there will be misunderstandings if I go inside with you?" I asked cautiously. He still held an easy smile as he walked around the car to stand next to me.

"I'm not worried. Come inside," he motioned towards the doors. I still felt hesitant but I stepped inside anyway. Seo Joon led me to the hotel's main floor and down a hallway. Behind the door he opened was a private room where a large table of people were waiting. I was literally looking at stars. Some of the biggest names in the business were here. Even Joy from Red Velvet was here. They all turned to smile at us when they sensed our presence.

"Come take a seat!" One of them shouted. I walked forward numbly and sat next to Seo Joon.

"What's happening right now? What is this?" I asked confused. Even though I was in the same industry, apparently too many at the same time made me star stuck.