mind melting

You woke up at around 2:34 A.M.

Octane was sitting up at the edge of the bed, holding something in his hand. He set it to the side to take off his clothes until he was just in his boxers. Did he go out somewhere in the middle of the night? Tiredly, you looked over to him with squinted eyes. He didn't notice you were awake yet. He sat back down, and grabbed the object again. 

A syringe.

Was it more adrenaline? The daredevil always had those with him, so it seemed very likely. But, once he injected it into his chest he started trembling. More than an unhealthy amount of adrenaline. The substance in the syringe was something else, you could tell. Octane thrashed his legs around, shaking his head. He muttered silent comments of excitement and pleasure from the drugs. He probably didn't want to wake you up.

"Octane?" You spoke up, your voice tired. 

"Gh- agh.. Mi amor, ahaha!" Octane looked over, a wild, reckless look in his eyes.

He injected the rest of the substance into himself, trembling tremendously. He roughly crawled across the bed to you, grabbing your wrists and pinning them to the bed. His grip tightened, and it hurt. You could feel his heartbeat. It went faster, and faster, and faster. He continued to tighten his grip on your wrists.

God, it hurt. He leaned in to your ear, whispering with heavy breathing, 

"I don't know what I would do without you."