Chapter 11 M.C.E.F

*Ruby*

Waking up to a cold concrete floor with no shirt on was not something I liked. Sitting up I looked around to see I was in a pretty decent cell. On my left was a brick wall. On my right was the cell bars.

In the corner by the cell door was a tray of food. My stomach rumbled and I crawled my way over, picking up a chip I went to put it in my mouth but my wolf stopped me.

Don't eat anything they give you. Looking at the plate of chips, chicken, and fruit I started thinking that it was pretty strange to feed your prisoner good food. Pushing the tray away from me I heard a door slam open.

A man started yelling and protesting as two men threw him in a cell and locked the door. He stood and glared at them one last time before his gaze landed on me.

His features softened as he sat down where he could see me. "Where are we?" I asked and moved to the corner of the cell.

He set his arm on his knee and smirked. "Haven't you heard the rumors? Its the M.C.E.F.

Raising my eyebrow I shrugged for a gesture that I haven't. He seemed to get irritated by this.

"Its the Mythical Creature Experiment Facility. They capture us and lock us up till their ready to experiment on us. Were like rats under a microscope."

I frowned and stared at the ground. My wolf started to come alive and the man chuckled. "Your wolf wont scare them. Once they are ready to experiment on you then they'll tranqulize you. Were basically like sitting ducks."

Getting up I started pacing back and forth in fear. I know a way to get you out but you just have to trust me. My wolf told me and I smiled a little.

My thoughts went to my second mate and I turned to the man. "Do you know where they keep the males that have a mate that's locked up as well?"

He stood and set his arm on the cell. "They keep them separated because mates are stronger than others."

"But the men who took us they were werewolves." He only chuckled, "our kind works for them. They hunt down rogues and others who cross into their territory. They bring them here to protect their packs."

Walking to my corner  I slowly slid down the cold wall. I heard a faint noise from a door and my head jerked up.

Looking were light spilled in from the opened door I saw a shadow of a man walking down the steps. The hairs on the back of neck stood up.

The man walked past the cell of the man. He stood in front of my cell and eyed me closely. He lifted his gun and I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard the sound of a gun shot.
*
*
*
*
My eyes would slightly open then close as soft whispers were heard around me. I couldn't remember where I was.

My head throbbed with pain as I opened my eyes only to be blinded by a light.

I tried to move my hand up to shield my eyes but they were chained to my sides. By this I felt fully awake.

Looking by my side I noticed I was on one of those tables you'd see in the movies where they sacrifice someone.

Moving my feet I felt them chained as well. "Sorry I'm late but too me it looks like sleeping beauty finally awakes."

A tall slender woman walks over to me and grins. Her hair was solid black with emerald green eyes. She was pretty pale for a human.

"What do you want from me?" She rolled her eyes and started to walk around me. "That's what everyone asks. It gets annoying after a while. The thing I want though is immortality."

She looked down at me with admiration. "You could get one of these mutts to change you! All you need from them is a bite or a scratch."

She laughed at me before she turned and picked something up. "I'm not stupid child. I've been waiting and waiting for a powerful werewolf to come along."

Hiding my fear I gulped and watched her closely when she turned back around with a knife. "You see the only way she can be powerful is if she mates with her true mate."

She leaned down where we were nose to nose. "My child you are my most prize possession." By now I knew she knew about me being the powerful werewolf with the three mates.

She set the knifes tip on my stomach just above my belly button. I clenched my fists as she digged the tip of the knife into my skin. Clenching my jaw I screamed a little with tears rolling down my cheeks.

After about two hours of pure torture that involved stabbing, burning, and wolf bane so I wouldn't be able to heal these wounds she gave me.

I was halfway unconscious as her men dragged me to my cell. My legs felt so sore and numb as they tossed me in the middle of my cell and walked away locking it.

I laid on my side with tears slowly rolling down my cheeks while I just stared at the ground. The ground was cold against my bare skin and I could feel the warm blood drying. "Hey you okay?" The man asked me but I couldn't say anything.

My throat throbbed with pain from all the yelling and screaming that I've done. My arms felt like a heavy weight was put on me.

Tears ran down my cheeks faster as I thought about Donovan. How I first meet him and I was lost in his eyes thinking I wasn't good enough for him. How he's been there for me every step of the way when I was at court scared out of my mind. How he came to save me from Tré again....so I thought.

He left me with an abusive werewolf who is in love with me apparently but he forcefully turned me into something my first true mate hated. I was foolish to tell him I'd risk my life for him even if people were after him.

Just laying here in pain just wondering about if I get out....escape this place somehow I know for sure if I ever see Donovan again I'll be the one who breaks our bond, I'll be rejecting him so he can almost feel the pain that I was in when he abandoned me.