chapter 3 Saved

*Ruby*

Tears ran down my cheeks as my side hit the wall. I felt bruises starting to form on my ribs and stomach.

"What did I say about talking to other guys secretly!" He yanked me up by my hair and I stood on my tip toes. "I'm sorry I won't do it again!" I screamed out wishing someone would hear my screams of pain.

"Good girl" he let me go and I dropped to my knees. Going into a ball I started crying. "Shh don't cry sweetie. Let's go get ice cream from the kitchen."

He set his hand on my back and I flinched. Crawling away from him where I got myself cornered he clenched his jaw. He hated it when I flinched from him but I couldn't help it.

He slowly walked up to me and glared down at me. "Please" I whispered. He just grinned before he kicked me in the ribs. Gasping out in pain I held my side.

I couldn't breathe. Keeping my mouth open trying to gasp in some air but it hurt. My vision blackened and I could hear yelling. Someone walked in on him hurting me and the last thing I thought was thank you God.

*Donovan*

Pacing back and forth in my room with only one thing on my mind. Ruby. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I loved her unique eyes and how her hair was.

I couldn't stop thinking about the way she talked, how she walked, and everything else. Seeing my mate for the first time and I've already grown attached to her.

Gasping in pain I held my side and clutched my desk. My body was suddenly hurting and I knew why.  Someone was abusing my mate.

Standing up I hurried over to the front door and took off.
*
*
*
*
Catching her scent at a white brick house I used half of my strength to kicked the door off its hinges.

I spotted my mate curled up by the wall passed out. Tré turned and looked shocked for a moment then glanced at the broken door. "Your going to pay for that."

Grabbing him by his shirt I slammed him on the wall. "Your going to pay for her medical bills. You don't deserve her. While I'm around I'll make sure she stays away from you."

Letting him go I walked up to mate and picked her up gently. Feeling the shocks and tingles go up my arms I smiled.

Turning, Donovan raises his arm up to swing at me. Dodging easily I headed out the door. "Your paying for a new door! And don't you think I'm going to let this go, she is mine!"

Clenching my jaw I laid her in the back seat and climbed in the drivers seat. Pulling onto the road I started going 90m.p.h.

Two cops chased after me with their sirens off but I didn't stop. Pulling in the emergency area I jumped out and carefully eased her back in my arms. The two cops got out and followed me inside.

"Someone please help!" I yelled loudly and five nurses came from every direction. "What's wrong with her?" A brown haired girl asked while I laid her on a stretcher.

I stared at my beloved mate that lay perfectly still. "She's breathing too slow. We need to work on her now." They hurried off and I wanted to run after her but the brown haired nurse stopped me.

"Sir I need you to tell me what happened." Looking at her then the two cops I knew I wouldn't be able to see her for a while. Sighing I walked with them as I them everything.

*Ruby*
I felt something covering my mouth and nose as I breathed easier. Opening my eyes the first thing I saw was the roof of a hospital.

Looking by my bed I saw my mother sleeping. My real father slept on the couch. In the far corner stood a man that looked familiar.

Trying to sit up pain shot up through my right side. Gasping in pain I clutched the sheets. Donovan appeared by my side instantly. "Don't move, they had to do surgery on your rib cage. Two of your ribs were broken and pierced your lung. You...while you were asleep you were coughing out blood a lot. They gave you a new lung."

I nodded my head and removed the mask. "What happened after I passed out?" I whispered. He moved his hand to touch my cheek but hesitated and pulled away.

"Nothing besides me getting questioned by two officers." My eyes widened and the heart monitor started beating rapidly. I was freaking out, what if he told them the truth about Tré?

Nurses rushed in, waking up my parents in alarm as they worked on slowing my heart rate.

When everything was better they left. "Hey sweetie, how are you?" Smiling I told them I was good and said I was hungry for McDonald's. I only said that so I could be alone with Donovan.

"Please tell me you lied to them." He sat down and I could his face become tense. "I told them the truth. I can't let that bastard get away with this. Its not something he should do, he needs to be put in jail."

Shaking my head no I felt my eyes begin to water. "He'll kill me." He locked eyes with mine, "I will kill him if he ever touches you."

My heart literally skipped a beat and started beating faster. The heart monitor picked it up and I blushed. He grinned and leaned back in the chair.

For some reason I was starting to think I could trust him with everything. I closed my eyes smiling thinking just for this small moment with him, everything seemed perfect.