chapter 9 Second Mate

*Ruby*

It's been a week since I've been kept here, without a word from... No. I can't think about him. He's the reason I'm in this mess. Why I became a mythical creature that's supposed to be a myth.

I haven't eaten in a week and my stomach was grumbling every second almost. My eyes lingered to the knight stand that had a plate of food. It was already cold but I was too hungry to care.

Sitting up I was hit with a wave of dizziness. Holding on to the bed to steady myself I weakly grabbed the pizza and bit a small piece off.

"Your finally eating." I didn't look to see who it was. I could tell it was Tré by his voice. Eating a little bit more I felt my wolf come alive.

She took a little control and helped me eat. Finishing the second slice I cleaned my mouth. My tummy still rumbled and I blushed in embarrassment.

"Come on I'm going to get you some food." Smiling softly I got up and looked down at myself. "I think I should shower first."

He nodded his head and I hurried in the bathroom. Turning on the cold water I quickly undressed and washed myself cleaned.

Twenty minutes later I finally got out and wrapped a towel around me tightly. Stepping out into the room I saw a few out fits on the bed.

Picking a simple one I got dressed and headed down stairs. A few people that were wondering the halls stopped and smiled at me.

They seemed friendly but I bet a few of them have a dark side. I doubt I could make a friend. Looking around I walked into the kitchen and found Tré speaking to a tall man.

He was taller than him by three inches. His back was to me so I could only make out his unique hair style. It was a dark violet purple color. With the light shining on it it looked soft.

Tré glanced at me and grinned. The purple haired man turned and grinned. He had blue tips as he flipped his hair to the side like Justin Bieber.

He was a bit tan with a butt chin. His eyes is what really stood out and caught my attention. His left eye was orange while his right eye was a light brown. He wore a short sleeved muscle shirt with baggy pants. On his hands were white gloves.

"H..hi" I spoke nervously. He smiled a dazzling smile with his pearly white teeth. "You don't have to be nervous to speak. I'm Jacob by the way." He gave me a wink before he looked back at Tré.

"Who wants to go for a run?" Jacob asked as he looked back at me when he said who. It was like he was only asking me. "Nah man, I got to feed my beloved mate. She's finally eating again."

He nodded his head and excused himself. Sitting on a stool next to the counter he set his arms on the table and leaned down a little.

"What would you like to eat?" Setting my finger tip on my bottom lip as I looked up to think I heard a soft chuckle.

"Peanut butter sandwiches?" He stood and started to grab the stuff. "Coming right up."

Looking at my hands I felt a smile play at the corner of my lips. I was starting to like this side of him. I would rarely see him this sweet and nice. But his mood can change in a heart beat.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Looking up I noticed he was smoothing out the crunchy peanut butter. "You don't wanna know."

I became uncomfortable very fast as he stopped what he was doing. He stared at me with a smirk. "You can tell me." I felt my heart beat pick up fast and my wolf went on high alert.

I watched his movements as I told him, "why are you suddenly nice to me? And why are you lying to your pack about me being your Luna?"

His eye twitched and he slowly finished my sandwich. "I hated humans for a while. I only dated you because I saw something in you that was different."