chapter 8 Changing

*Donovan*

I wasn't sure which park he was talking about. I stood by the swings at Jester Park. It was already two minutes past midnight and I had a feeling I was at the wrong one.

Looking around one last time I started walking towards my car. Slowing to a stop I spotted three men surrounding my car. They smelt like wolves.

I hated werewolves with a passion. Clenching and unclenching my jaw I started to walk up to them. "Where's Tré!" I asked them as I stood only a few feet away.

They didn't move or smile. I wanted my mate in my arms so I know she's safe. I'd do anything to get her back.

"Donovan, what a lovely night isn't it?" Turning around I spotted Tré by the basketball net. "Let Ruby free! You want me not her!"

He shook his head laughing. He took a few more couple steps. "You see the interesting part in all of this is." He paused and glanced at me with an evil smile.

"She's my Luna. The Godess gave me a second chance mate. My pack members would hate to see their Luna get kidnapped."

I stared at him with pure shock. How could he just say this to me? She's my mate not his!

I felt my body starting to shake with rage. I'm going to kill him before he ever hurts her again. "If you wont give her to me then I guess I'll have to kill you and find her myself."

I felt my hands heating up as he laughed humorously. "Stand down, I'll show you to her but I'm not sure you'll love her the same."

I ignored him. Too pissed to even know what I should do. I wasn't thinking straight as I threw a fire ball at one of his men.

He went up in flames, screaming. My heart beat picked up as I threw another one. My breathing came in slow pants. I was acting out in rage and fear for my mate.

I knew acting like this would be worse on me. Falling to my knees in a sign of giving up. My head hung down as my eyes closed with a signal tear.

"I think it be better if you were calm which is why I'll politely knock you out. Just to be on the safe side."

Looking up I felt the pain before I could function what was happening. Tumbling over on the ground I laid still as blackness covered my vision. If this is the only way to see my mate then so be it.

*Ruby*

Staring at the plain white ceiling wasn't very interesting. I woke up not too long ago and I found myself in some type of mini hospital.

Every time I tried to sit up pain would make its way up to my bite. It was stitched up but was purple and red. Indicating that it was bruised.

I wanted to get up and leave this place but I probably wouldn't go far. Looking over at the door a girl walked in. I remembered her from yesterday.

"Your finally up" she grinned at me. "I want out of here." I told her and she frowned. "But Luna. You can't, he will seem mean and over protective at first but just you wait. He'll be the sweetest guy you'll ever know."

"Stop calling me that. I don't and never will love him. I have a mate already and he's not Tré." The woman stared at me wide eyed.

She backed away from me then froze. Her eyes glazed over and all I could think about was getting out of here.

"He's here." I heard her whisper. She blinked a couple of times and headed for the door. "Wait! Whose here?" I asked and sat up without thinking.

Hissing in pain my hand automatically went to my injured shoulder. She turned and grinned, "your beloved mate. Tré." At that she turned and walked leaving me ticked.

"He's not my mate!" I yelled. Getting off the bed I hurried to the door and peeked my head out. I could hear a few people talking but it was faint.

Stepping out I headed for the front door. I began to smile knowing this was going to be my only chance at freedom.

Opening the door my smile turned into a frown. A tall man stood at the doorway with his fist up ready to knock. He was a bit pale with black hair. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown.

When he smiled I saw fangs. Backing up he walked in. "Hello my dear I believe we haven't meet before." He took my hand in his and kissed the top of my hand softly.

"Drake." The vampire looked up as I snatched my hand away. "Ah mister Tré, how nice to see you." I felt myself being pulled away as Tré blocked my view.

"Whenever you arrive bad things happen." The vampire that was named Drake grinned. Showing off his fangs. "I just came to see your second chance mate. Word gets around pretty fast in our world you know."

"I'm not his second chance mate!" I yelled and Drake looked at me with amusement. "Looks like you got a feisty one." Tré gave a short laugh. "I know but I love her."

He gave me a side ways hug and I flinched away in pain. Clenching my jaw to hold in my cry of pain. Drake was now studying me in curiosity.

"Babe there's a present in our room." Tensing up I glanced at the stairs wondering if it was a trick. "Don't ever call me that again."

Heading up stairs I could feel their eyes watching me. Hurrying inside I locked the door and closed my eyes. Tears threatened to fall but I held them back.

All I wanted to do was escape this awful place. I wouldn't be able to stand his beatings if he uses his full strength.

"Ruby?" I heard my name from across the room. The voice sounded so much like my mates, Donovan. It couldn't be him though, Tré would never let me see him.

"Ruby open your eyes." Taking a moments hesitation I did what the voice told me too. My breath was caught in my throat as I saw Donovan smiling at me.

He was leaning against the wall looking sexy and vulnerable. Running towards him I hugged him tightly. My shoulder throbbed in pain and I clenched my jaw tight.

The tingles and shocks made me relax and numbed the pain. "I missed you" I whispered. I felt him tense up and he pulled away from me.

His eyes went to my stitched up shoulder. "I'm fine baby really. It's just a cut." He shook his head at me and all I saw was anger. "No. He turned you didn't he?"

I stayed silent and that only made him worse. "Didn't he!" By now the tears came and I took a step towards him. "He bite me. He nearly killed me if his doctor didn't come in time. I couldn't stop him."

He looked down and I glanced at his hands. He was clenching and unclenching his fists. I touched his arm but quickly jerked my hand away. He was hot.

He looked up at me with those dark eyes I once saw when he took on those wolves. "Donovan, calm down please. I'm safe with you and we can finally run away. We can get out of here."

I saw his eyes turn back and I brought him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry Ruby." I leaned back to look at him. "You don't have to be sorry."

"He turned you into something that I hate the most." I took a step back and I felt new tears at the edge of my eyes. "What are you saying Donovan?"

He headed for the bolted up window and yanked it open. "I can't...." he sighed and looked away from me.

"You can't what Donovan? Just say it!"

"I can't be your mate because of what you are going to be!" His words took away my breath. I couldn't believe he just said this. After everything I've been through he shows up and is supposed to be the one who love's and cares for me.

He climbed out and flew off leaving me in pain. It felt like I was dying from the inside out.

Falling to my knees in new pain I felt my bones snap. Screaming in pain so others could hear but no one showed up.

My bones were taking another form and it hurt worse than Trés beatings. Clawing the ground my fingers turned to claws. Gold fur sprouted out of my arms with dirty brown and gray spots here and there.

My screams turned into howls and I collapsed from exhaustion and from pain. Breathing fast I closed my eyes and heard a voice in my head say. I'm Violet your wolf. Don't worry Ruby from now on no one will harm you again, even it is are ex-mate.