chapter 1 Practice/Fights

*Ruby*

"Column Left, March" Rose commanded. We did what she said and went into a half step. We had A-Team practice today and three others. Saber Team, C-Team, and Demail.

"Left Flank, March!" Moving in unison with my team we walked at the same pace. It was an easy team and I loved it.

"Flight, Halt!" Stopping I stood straight, trying to keep my baring. "Fall out!" She yelled at the same time the 4:30pm bell rang. Practice was over and time to go home.

Grabbing my rifle I headed to the head of the line. My rank is a Lt. Col. I was very proud of myself by being the second in command.

"Get in a line! 40 inches between you and the person in front of you!" I yelled at the cadets. When everyone was in line, besides the commanders, I gave them a Forward March.

Walking beside Leslie I yelled out the cadence. "Left, left, left, right, right, left!" Behind me the others yelled it out and we continued till we entered the building.

Walking in the class room from the back door I put up my equipment. "C-Team go home!" Rolling my eyes at what Natalie yelled I grabbed my stuff.

"Ms. Corbell don't forget your pants."

"Oh yeah." Smiling I rushed in the Logistics office and searched for my pants. Taking them I yelled out my goodbyes. "...its not illegal." I heard the last sentence of Abbies words.

"What's not illegal?" I asked and Darrius looked at me. "That an 18 year old is dating a 14 year old freshman."

"Its not illegal if the parents are okay with it." Abbie grinned as I walked off, heading to my step dads white Monte Carlo.

"Hey sweetie" he greeted. Buckling myself up I just gave him a soft smile. He backed out and I digged out my head phones, plugging them in my phone.

All About That Bass played and I relaxed in the seat taking a nap.

*

*

*

*

My step dad woke me up and I grabbed my junk. Heading to the door my cats started meowing loudly. "I'll feed you later I promise."

Walking in I saw my mom and step sister on the couch. Putting my things in my room I share with my sister. I searched through my dresser for comfortable clothes and slipped them on.

"Mom!" I yelled as I grabbed my binder and plopped down on the bed. Pulling out two permission slips from ROTC she smirked. "Where are y'all going this time?"

"This Thursday I'm doing Color Guard for the 9-11. Saturday is Coyote Squadron."

She signed her name and I placed them back in my binder. "Oh what's this FCCLA you want to join?"

"Um, its a club that has a lot of things you can compete in. The two that caught my eye was Interior/Fashion Design. When we get a certain place we go to State. Sometimes we go to Washington D.C. I'll be going to the State Fair too if I'm one of the fifty who sign up."

She grinned thinking it was a good idea. "I'll need twenty dollars to join and money for lunch Thursday." She nodded her head and I went back in the room.

Climbing on my bed I laid down and started texting my boyfriend. He is black and knows marital arts. His name is Tré with brown eyes. He can be sweet but I'm not really feeling anything for him like I used too.

"Were heading to town want to go?" Getting up I got in my moms blue Mustang. Heading to H-E-B took us at least twenty-five or so minutes.

We were dropping off a friends red box. Feeling the need to drink something I hurried inside and bought me a cherry 7-Up and nerds.

Walking to the car I hopped back in and listened to the radio.

*

*

*

I was currently sitting at my desk I have in my room. I was already dying of thirst and thought about my water I had. Getting up I saw Emily go in the living room with my water.

"You just took my water" I told her. She sat down and started drinking it, "what?" Rolling my eyes I headed back in the kitchen and set a hot bottle of water in the fridge.

"You know you can always pour water in a glass with ice?" I ignored her and sat back down at my desk. She came in and set the cup in front if me.

"I didn't know it was yours, I thought it was moms."

"I don't care I'll wait two hours for mine to get cold." She walked away smart mouthing as she went. Clenching my jaw I got up and glared at her.

"At least I know how to keep my mouth shut unlike you who talks 24/7!"

"Ruby!" Ignoring my mom I sat down with tears at the edge of my eyes. Forcing myself not to cry I herd her arguing again.

My throat was killing me since I've been yelling all day today. Hopefully I don't loose my voice because next Saturday is our first Drill Meet at Billy Ryan.

I'm commander of Female Color Guard and I really need to keep my voice.

Climbing in bed, heading to bed I closed my eyes hoping tomorrow is a better day.