chapter 2 The New Guy

*Ruby*

Staring at the two pieces of papers I just printed off I got up and headed to the Cadet Office. "Is this good?" I asked my MSgt,

He looked at it and tapped his fingers on his chin. "Put lines under them and save it to my Ndrive under Senior Night info."

Nodding my head I hurried back in the class room and started saving it. The front door closed and I ignored it.

Throwing away my papers I looked up and froze. A boy stood in the doorway of the empty classroom. He was around my height with short black spiked hair.

He was tanned and he had chocolate brown eyes. He was very good looking. Looking at his I.D. I noticed he was a Senior.

Smiling softly I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't. I was too much of a dork to talk to him. He was probably here because he got lost.

Walking away I went back to the office. "Uh we have a visitor." He looked behind me and headed his way. Walking over to my cubby that was near them I listened to their conversation.

"I'm a transfer student from Ohio and I'm in here for first period now." Looking over my shoulder I just noticed the schedule in his hand. "That's good, well as you see the students aren't here but are in the old gym."

Thinking this was going to be an exciting first period now I heard my name being called. "What?" I asked a little dazed. "Show mister Donovan to the rest of the class in the old gym."

Smiling I started walking to the back door. "What's your name?" He asked randomly as I took a sharp right turn. "Ruby" I told him and took a left.

Opening the door by the corner I let him in first. The Colonel already had them marching. "If you don't mind me asking what rank are you?"

Grinning I stopped by the wooden bleachers. "Cadet Lieutenant Colonel."

His eyes widened as he held up hands, "we got a badass over here." Laughing I walked up to my instructor, "we have a new student."

He grinned and nodded his head before he looked up. "What's your name?"

"Donovan, sir." Checking my phone for the time we had six minutes left. "Colonel Mackey we have six minutes left."

"Let's go!" He hollard and the terrible trio got beside me. First period was pretty great except when they first walk in before the bell their dead silent.

"Your finally adding pictures to the lonely wall." I told Rose and I stopped to look. "Yeah." Smiling when I found a picture of me and Rose doing a selfie with Isaac photo bombing it.

Heading back inside I sat at the front and had a feeling someone was watching me. Looking I noticed it was that new kid.

Looking away so I wouldn't get caught up in the moment the bell finally rung. "Flight Attention Hut."

Everyone quickly stood and stood straight. "Dismissed!"

"Hoosha!" I yelled and I pouted. "Guys your supposed to say it with me. I was alone, how could you?" I chuckled as they left.

Grabbing my stuff I felt myself starting to breathe easier once he left. In walked in my school son, Triston, giving me one of his evil stares.

"Come on we got to go to class." He waved me off as I left. Walking the halls by myself I headed down E hall towards the back stairs.

Stepping in my Government class I looked over at my seat to see Donovan. Walking slower I stood at the front of my row. "That's my seat" he got up and climbed over the desk to sit on the other row beside me.