February

The Byers house was nearly empty all that was left was a few family pictures on the wall and some other personal items that Will was continuing to pack along with the help of his older brother Jonathan, who stopped to visit.

"Can't I just move in with you" Will sighs stacking his comics into a box until no more was able to fit.

"I would love for you to move in with me bud but mom is definitely not gonna like that" Jonathan halfheartedly smiles while holding up one a piece of furniture that was ready to be put into the uhaul truck.

"I'm really gonna miss it here...." Will looked around his empty bedroom.

"I know" Jonathan sighs almost not knowing what to say. "But look on the bright side, you still have until seven o'clock today to stick around Hawkins and say bye to your friends.

"It'll make me even more sad to say goodbye though...." the boy sighs taping up the loaded box and then carrying it down the steps to the truck that was parked right out front.

"Need any help"

Will nearly drops the heavy box in his hands, the voice behind him startling him nearly to death.

"S-sorry didn't mean to scare you" Mike chuckles helping Will to push the box into the truck.

"It's fine" Will chuckles along. "What brings you here anyways?" Will leans up against the trunk to rest his back that was aching from all the hours of lifting.

"Well I came to help you and your family pack but it looks like you've already got that covered" Mike mocks Wills stance by also leaning on the truck. "Which means you have time to get ice cream with me. What do you say?" Mike smiles with hope in his voice but there was still a hint of sadness behind his words.

Will looked around seeing that everything was in fact packed away. "Ok couldn't hurt to grab a cold dessert with my best friend"

"Boyfriend" Mike corrected biting his lip to stop the growing smile.

"Mike! I told you, we can't be boyfriends" Will stops talking and put his lips into a thin line instantly feeling bad for raising his voice at Mike. "Not yet" Will says quietly then watches as Mikes face screws up into the saddest but cutest puppy dog face causing Will to feel even worse.

"Right, I'm sorry....." Mike sighs while fiddling with his fingers.

Will grabs his hand and squeezes it for reassurance. "You know that I really wanna be, right?" He looks up at the raven haired boy.

"I know....I understand that we can't be, it's ok" Mike feels really heartbroken, but he still finds it in him to smile at the beautiful brunette  holding his hand.

The pair begin walking to scoops ahoy the cold weather almost making them regret the decision of having something as cold as ice cream.

"Maybe this can be our date" Will puts his hand in Mikes jacket pocket sharing his warmth.

"Ice cream?" It could be, but I think you deserve way better than plain old ice cream" Mike laughs softly .

"I'm glad you think so, but this is the only chance we have to go on a date.....for a while. Let's take that chance" Will rests his head against the taller ones shoulder.

"Ok, then that means you're getting the best sundae they have in that joint"

Will shakes his head and chuckles"Mikey you might wanna get a job before wasting all your money on me"

"You're never a waste my love" Mike lets a delightful grin take over his face as he holds the door open for the flustered boy. The pair walk into the warmth from indoors. Mike then spots someone familiar.