December (part 2)

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that you can-

Will quickly pressed his lips to Mikes softly kissing him. Mike tensed up in surprise but soon kissed back gently grabbing both of Will's wrists and gently running his thumb over the back of his hand causing Will to smile against his lips. Mike let go of one of Will's hands and moved it to cup the side of his cheek to deepen the kiss.

Mike soon pulled away, his hand still cupping his cheek. He looked at him, admiring every inch of his face. "I've been wanting to do that for so long." He spoke softly still looking deep into his eyes and then down at his lips where he was smiling.

Will began getting those same butterflies in his stomach and everything felt so right, but thoughts started to run throughout his brain about how this could all quickly end bad. He was still unsure how he felt about his sexuality and kissing Mike....I mean he is his best friend after all. The smile on Will's face soon dropped into a small frown. Things were moving way too fast for him to handle.

"Is there something wrong". Mike asked noticing Will's quick change in emotions.

"No no I just.....it's getting late I think I should head home, my mom is probably worried". Will lied.

"Can I walk you home then?" Mike looked up at Will from the ground watching him start to stand up from his spot on the ground

"No you better not, it's cold outside and you're already sick. I wouldn't want to make it worse". Will came up with every excuse in the book as he began grabbing his hat scarf and gloves then lastly his book bag.

"Oh ok, I'll see you at school tomorrow". Mike felt his heart break a little seeing him getting up to leave, he knew Will was definitely lying, there was something wrong.

•••

Mike p.o.v
Ever since Will left that night it was impossible to sleep. I tossed and turned all night but my mind remained on him.
I thought "why would he kiss me then suddenly leave?", "Does he hate me now?", "Are we still friends?"

I let my mind wander a little more while staring up at the ceiling before my eyes finally began to get heavy and I drifted off.

•••

Will p.o.v

I didn't want to leave Mikes house. Part of me wanted to stay there and tell him how much I liked him but another part of me didn't want to be known as the gay kid in school. I feared that I'd never get left alone, and the name calling and bullying would only get worse.

I don't want to face Mike at school tomorrow, but I don't really have a choice at this point.
~
Let me know if I should make any changes to the story or how I can improve